Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Pat Bev Suspended 4 Games Next Season| PHX Fires Vogel
(11-22-2022, 05:37 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Also the longest stretch without any health issues that I can remember. Will be interesting to see if he can keep it up or if it follows the usual pattern of him slowing down or starting to miss games. Sadly he has never been able to play more than 20-25 games in a row at this level.

History does say November/December are KP's months. As soon as Jan/Feb comes around he slows waaaaaaaaaaay down. Knicks fans repeated it all the time throughout his tenure here. 

His health troubles just add on top of it. A small part of me misses KP badly. Tall Euro shooters really strikes a chord with me.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 05:52 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: History does say November/December are KP's months. As soon as Jan/Feb comes around he slows waaaaaaaaaaay down. Knicks fans repeated it all the time throughout his tenure here. 

His health troubles just add on top of it. A small part of me misses KP badly. Tall Euro shooters really strikes a chord with me.

https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3299130368

Only half joking. He is having a great season in spain. Averaging 18pts/6reb on 54% FG / 47% from 3.
Like Reply
Still insane that we had to include a pick in the KP trade.
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 02:56 PM)mvossman Wrote: Are you looking for the EPM link?  It costs a few bucks for full subscription but some stuff is free like current year.  Link below:

https://dunksandthrees.com/epm

There will be some goofy numbers for EPM as well.  Stats are very limited in assessing defense and on/off has a ton of noise in it, especially in a small sample.

I paid the few bucks last year and my subscription is still active.  Here is overall EMP (which is basically six players deep):

99  Luka
89  SD
81  Wood
72  Powell
71  Green
69  DFS

29  THJ
23  McGee
20  Bullock
7    Maxi

Here are the D-EPM's

96  DFS
80  Green
80  Powell
79  Luka
66  Wood
53  SD

43  McGee
40  Bullock
38  Maxi
19  THJ

Here are the O-EPM's

99  Luka
90  SD
82  Wood
62  Powell
61  Green

41  THJ
33  DFS
19  McGee
16  Bullock
4    Maxi
[-] The following 2 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Kammrath, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_Talkin_NBA/status/1...8490684416
Like Reply
S Bey is shooting 29% from 3 this year.  Him and Josh Green may eventually be pretty comparable talents.  Bey has had the benefit of getting a lot of playing time with bad teams. But what does he look like on a good team?  5th starter? Heavy bench player?  

Says a lot that both of our guys leading the draft had strong convictions on their players and they both likely missed of bypassing better talent.
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 08:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: S Bey is shooting 29% from 3 this year.  Him and Josh Green may eventually be pretty comparable talents.  Bey has had the benefit of getting a lot of playing time with bad teams. But what does he look like on a good team?  5th starter? Heavy bench player?  

Says a lot that both of our guys leading the draft had strong convictions on their players and they both likely missed of bypassing better talent.

Difficult to compare their roles. It seems like the Pistons want Bey to to be a primary creator. And they have given him the freedom to make mistakes. As long as they are tanking that isn´t a problem and it´s not like Bey hasn´t shown a lot of promise. Last season he had stretches where he scored 20+ on solid efficiency in 9-10 games in a row. But it can also lead to the development of bad tendencies. It´s easy to give a player the green light. A lot harder to take it away.

This season his shot has been off. But he added some stuff in the paint and had a lot of success with drives. Getting to the rim and drawing fouls.
56% TS from a player that creates nearly 70% of his 2-point attempts himself is something the Mavs would love to have. But on the other hand. The same can be said about Green´s energy and hustle combined with his super efficient shooting and finishing. Even if he cannot create for himself.

Green taking a step forwards has been huge for the Mavs. Really don´t want to imagine the season with Bullock and THJ playing like they are and last years version of Green.
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 08:31 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: S Bey is shooting 29% from 3 this year.  Him and Josh Green may eventually be pretty comparable talents.  Bey has had the benefit of getting a lot of playing time with bad teams. But what does he look like on a good team?  5th starter? Heavy bench player?  

I don't think Bey is a particularly good defender either.  He will always be a better more complete offensive player than Green, but they may not end up being that far off due to the other side.

There were guys behind Green that would have been better (Maxey, Bane) but there were also a lot of busts in front of him.  I would guess on a redraft Green is in the top 18 (probably top 15) and the same goes for Bey.  You can make the argument that Maxey does not make sense on a team with Brunson, and Bane was skipped over by every team in the league.  We could have done worse.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
Full strength Nuggets losing to the 3-15 Pistons at home
We can really use a guy like Alec Burks as that 3rd creator off the bench
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
I wanted Alec Burks as a THJ cheaper replacement back then.
And now, he's not only the cheaper option, but is the better player.

Now can we just trade for Hayes instead?
Shooting 31% from 2 and 3, just like THJ.
 Big Grin
Like Reply
(11-22-2022, 08:57 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Green taking a step forwards has been huge for the Mavs. Really don´t want to imagine the season with Bullock and THJ playing like they are and last years version of Green.

Man, you can say that again.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Break up the Kings. They ended a 7 game losing streak vs the Grizz while winning their 7th straight.
Like Reply
https://sports.yahoo.com/early-success-m...05606.html
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...4039136259
Like Reply
(11-24-2022, 10:40 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...4039136259

Such a deceptive title. It makes it sound like she changed her mind or lost her motivation to sue. But this is only the tail end of a bigger story, and the rest of the story - the real result - is that the Spurs and Primo paid her money (presumably a boatload of it) as a settlement of the lawsuit, after which that lawsuit for damages was dropped (in accord with the terms of the settlement they paid her).
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • MFFL, Not an evil robot
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...0259283968
Like Reply
Is Ben Simmons back? Over the last five games...

14.6 pts / 7.0 reb / 6.2 ast / 1.6 stl / 1.2 blk

78.6% FG 53.8% FT

Nets outscored opponents by 35pts with him on the floor.

Watching Nets-Pacers he is finally playing some minutes at center. Just like any other super sized ballhandler it creates a lot of problems for the defense. Pacers bigs have to defend the Nets main ballhandler.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(11-25-2022, 09:17 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Watching Nets-Pacers he is finally playing some minutes at center. Just like any other super sized ballhandler it creates a lot of problems for the defense. Pacers bigs have to defend the Nets main ballhandler.

That’s the dream…
Like Reply
I am officially willing to bet the future of the franchise on a Myles Turner trade...
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
It´s like every single former Mav in the league is just trolling. KP and Brunson look great. Pacers under RC are not only winning with a young team. They also are the best 4th quarter team in the league. Have more comeback wins (trailing to start the 4th) than any other team.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • khaled1987, Paul Gasol, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply