Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: Amazon & NBA Have Deal for Broadcast Rights
Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Indiana Pacers are trading guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Boston Celtics, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Celtics are sending Daniel Theis, Aaron Nesmith and a 2023 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Celtics are also including Nik Stauskas, Malik Fitts and Juwan Morgan in the trade, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 12:42 PM)omahen Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Indiana Pacers are trading guard Malcolm Brogdon to the Boston Celtics, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "The Celtics are sending Daniel Theis, Aaron Nesmith and a 2023 first-round pick, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "Celtics are also including Nik Stauskas, Malik Fitts and Juwan Morgan in the trade, sources tell ESPN." / Twitter

Pretty good trade for a team so desperate for ball-handling they were letting Marcus Smart do it, imho.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
NBACentral on Twitter: "Malcom Brogdon Marcus Smart Jaylen Brown Jayson Tatum Al Horford Rob Williams Grant Williams Derrick White Shoutout to Brad Stevens ? https://t.co/hWvE2l36A8" / Twitter
[-] The following 2 users Like omahen's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
If Brogdan stays healthy, that is a great trade for Boston.

Sort of depressing how teams appear to be adding to their roster while we sit handcuffed hoping something appears.  I am not getting my hopes up again.   I feel I need PTSD therapy with all the draft (outside of 2018) and free agency follies.  

I guess I should give more credit on the Wood trade, but it just seems we are step behind other teams either due to lack of assets or incompetence.

(07-01-2022, 12:45 PM)omahen Wrote: NBACentral on Twitter: "Malcom Brogdon Marcus Smart Jaylen Brown Jayson Tatum Al Horford Rob Williams Grant Williams Derrick White Shoutout to Brad Stevens ? https://t.co/hWvE2l36A8" / Twitter

Yeah, not bad.  Now can Horford keep his high level of play for another year and can Timelord stay healthy?   But those are the type of moves I hoped the Mavs could strategically put together.   Maybe it will come, but we aren't getting any closer imo.
[-] The following 4 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, HoosierDaddyKid, omahen, Smitty
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 12:45 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: If Brogdan stays healthy, that is a great trade for Boston.

Sort of depressing how teams appear to be adding to their roster while we sit handcuffed hoping something appears.  I am not getting my hopes up again.   I feel I need PTSD therapy with all the draft (outside of 2018) and free agency follies.  

I guess I should give more credit on the Wood trade, but it just seems we are step behind other teams either due to lack of assets or incompetence.

Yeah, not bad.  Now can Horford keep his high level of play for another year and can Timelord stay healthy?   But those are the type of moves I hoped the Mavs could strategically put together.   Maybe it will come, but we aren't getting any closer imo.

That's a great take.  Seems the Mavs are still hungover losing Brunson.  You're correct about other teams loading up, but Dallas is handcuffed from making a really big splash.  Boston is going to be in the hunt again.

(07-01-2022, 12:45 PM)omahen Wrote: NBACentral on Twitter: "Malcom Brogdon Marcus Smart Jaylen Brown Jayson Tatum Al Horford Rob Williams Grant Williams Derrick White Shoutout to Brad Stevens ? https://t.co/hWvE2l36A8" / Twitter

Stevens is turning out to be a better GM than coach, and he was a good coach.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 12:45 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: If Brogdan stays healthy, that is a great trade for Boston.

A pretty serious dice roll.  In some ways, reminds me of the Mavs' Christian Wood trade, but with a different set of risks.

Trade a few close-to-end-of-bench guys plus a first-rounder for a guy with a high ceiling, but some significant risks.

Maybe even a bit like the Porzingis trade, although NY got two firsts out of the deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DallasMaverick's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
That Brogdon trade is the Wood trade.  Brunson situation sucks but let’s not pretend like the Mavs didn’t make an identical move to what Boston just did and then praise how smart Celtics are and how Nico is sitting on his hands or something.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • embellisher
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 01:28 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: That Brogdon trade is the Wood trade.  Brunson situation sucks but let’s not pretend like the Mavs didn’t make an identical move to what Boston just did and then praise how smart Celtics are and how Nico is sitting on his hands or something.

True that Brogdon deal is same as Wood. But Boston didn't lose Brown for nothing...
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 01:29 PM)omahen Wrote: True that Brogdon deal is same as Wood. But Boston didn't lose Brown for nothing...

Don’t get your JB’s confused…Brunson isn’t close to being as valuable as Brown. 

Brunson situation was bungled form the start.  They made every mistake possible through multiple regimes.  The biggest mistake they may have made was not realizing while everyone was ripping Lavar Ball the real pain in the ass meddling NBA dad was Rick Brunson.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 01:38 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: Don’t get your JB’s confused…Brunson isn’t close to being as valuable as Brown. 

I think @"omahen" was comparing them as "second best players" on their respective teams, which is valid, but to your point, I think it's a matter of perspective. 

ISO shot creation to the level of Brusnon's skills is much more rare than I think the majority of this board realizes. It's true that elements of the rest of his game leave much to be desired, but he is elite at creating offense off of the dribble. Elite. When you have a ton of that, like the Mavs had last year, I guess you get desensitized to its import, but trust me, when you don't have any of it, you value it highly, and it can be difficult to acquire. 

I get the complaints about Brunson's overall fit, but count me in the camp that believes this Brunson contract will be just fine in a couple of seasons. Possibly a bargain.
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, omahen, Smitty
Like Reply
Windhorst is on one here. I swear, the NBA is more entertaining off the court than on. Not sure what this league will look like in 20 years.

https://twitter.com/LetItFlyTom/status/1542910682701729794?s=20&t=LQvmRvs0PqsRyEYrMp66Xg
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • khaled1987, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
I hate Windhorst.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 01:54 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Windhorst is on one here. I swear, the NBA is more entertaining off the court than on. Not sure what this league will look like in 20 years.

I mentioned this one a couple of times yesterday, but it was lost in all the big news. One possibility comes to mind: Utah trades Mitchell to Nets, Nets send Durant to third team that sends a gazillion of picks to Utah and a semi star to Nets. 

Nets don't want to tank while Utah might be willing to. The team trading for Durant wants to be a contender when he comes, not gutted from their best players.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
Like the Pacers-Celtics trade for both teams. 
Celtics are getting a starting veteran PG for a 1st and end of the bench players, in a team that is in a win now mode. 
Pacers get a decent player in Theis, a 1st they can use in package, open cap space (Ayton?) and a good reclamation project for RC in Nesmith
Like Reply
Here is an example of the three way Durant trade:
Pho: Durant, Clarkson
BKN: Mitchell, Bridges, pick or two
Uta: Ayton, pick or two (Ayton plays along because he gets his max)
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:07 PM)omahen Wrote: Here is an example of the three way Durant trade:
Pho: Durant, Clarkson
BKN: Mitchell, Bridges, pick or two
Uta: Ayton, pick or two (Ayton plays along because he gets his max)

Utah would need to move Gobert first as those two on max deals cannibalize each others value in negotiating with other teams.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheHoopCentral/status/1542906386689839104?s=20&t=LQvmRvs0PqsRyEYrMp66Xg

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1542945631110680577?s=20&t=LQvmRvs0PqsRyEYrMp66Xg

A bargain, imo. 

But, I bet the life of this contract will just about close out his window. When his feet start to slow, he'll be done.
Like Reply
I'm not sure I understand Wall's desire to go to the Clippers.  

Good for Looney.  I wish we'd signed him years ago.
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:23 PM)cow Wrote: I'm not sure I understand Wall's desire to go to the Clippers. 

They need a PG and one of best chances to win a title? Houston is paying his contract anyway
Like Reply
(07-01-2022, 02:29 PM)omahen Wrote: They need a PG and one of best chances to win a title? Houston is paying his contract anyway

I think he'll get buried in the rotation as I can't imagine he'd start and he seems like a worse version of Reggie off the bench.  Ring chasing I guess is fair but nothing will really alter his legacy.
Like Reply