Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: ATL Jumps from #10 to #1 in Lotto| Pistons Mull Firing GM
(05-02-2024, 07:28 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: @VicLombardi
"Let's be real -- ask the other 29 GMs [in the NBA], 26 of them would trade their whole team for our whole team and our draft picks as is. The house is not on fire. We're in a great position. It's not hard to fix. We have enough talent to win a championship."
Suns owner Mat Ishbia

Who are the three that wouldn’t? Are we one of those…?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Knutsen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(05-02-2024, 10:52 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is funny how things work out.  I said this earlier in the season but would Phx looked different if they used their minimums on Jones jr and Exum?  Most in the media really like Phx minimums this summer.  Could they have used their assets this summer for a guy like Gafford?

Thank goodness they didn't. I like those three in Mav unis.
Like Reply
Pacers about to eradicate the Bucks. 104-84 with 8 minutes left. TJ McConnell and Obi Toppin with career highs off the bench. Dame is back, he has 21.
Like Reply
(05-02-2024, 03:20 PM)Knutsen Wrote: Who are the three that wouldn’t? Are we one of those…?

Like this question. You have to think the team that just swept em isn’t one. Or the defending champs. Or the 64-win Celtics. So I think you have to put the Mavs and #1 seed Thunder into the would-trade-rosters category. As if the quote weren’t funny enough already.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Embiid just quit? Can’t stand that guy.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
Hield changed everything lol and now Hart's limping
Like Reply
Brunson is closing them out by himself. Has 37 and 10 assists with 3:26 left up by 8.
Like Reply
Buddy Hield just tossed up the worst attempt at a game-tying buzzer beater I’ve ever seen.

Brunson scores 40. Knicks advance.
Like Reply
NY/Phila was the best series I've seen in a while.
Like Reply
Well done JB!
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
(05-02-2024, 10:43 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Buddy Hield just tossed up the worst attempt at a game-tying buzzer beater I’ve ever seen.

Brunson scores 40. Knicks advance.

It was Brunson's 3rd straight 40 pt game of the series. He's officially a problem.
Like Reply
The 2nd round will be fun also w/RC vs his old team and a possible JB vs Mitchell rematch (if I have the seedings correct).
Like Reply
(05-02-2024, 11:02 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: The 2nd round will be fun also w/RC vs his old team and a possible JB vs Mitchell rematch (if I have the seedings correct).

Nope. Celtics play the winner of Cavs/Magic; NY play the Pacers.
Like Reply
Wow, JB vs RC. Who shall I cheer for?
Not very astute ^^^^
Like Reply
Ah ok. Knicks vs Pacers sounds fun at least.
Like Reply
Tobias Harris 0 points 0/2fg in 29 minutes

This guy is the biggest bum in the NBA
[-] The following 4 users Like RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • khaled1987, KillerLeft, Lukedoncic, SleepingHero
Like Reply
NY will beat the Pacers easily. I can’t believe Brunson is getting a team to a conference finals. I hope Luka can at least match him. I wonder sometimes how the Mavs would be if they had been smart and locked Brunson up early. But, when I go through it in my head I have them in about same position. They don’t have Lively, but they probably are a little better on the wings as they would have invested their trade assets there instead of with Kyrie. So, it’s basically Brunson and someone like Siakam vs Kyrie and DLive. I’m okay either way but with Wemby emerging, the Mavs will benefit to have a long, athletic center available to match up.
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 12:13 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Duplicate
Like Reply
(05-03-2024, 12:13 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: NY will beat the Pacers easily. I can’t believe Brunson is getting a team to a conference finals. I hope Luka can at least match him. I wonder sometimes how the Mavs would be if they had been smart and locked Brunson up early. But, when I go through it in my head I have them in about same position. They don’t have Lively, but they probably are a little better on the wings as they would have invested their trade assets there instead of with Kyrie. So, it’s basically Brunson and someone like Siakam vs Kyrie and DLive. I’m okay either way but with Wemby emerging, the Mavs will benefit to have a long, athletic center available to match up.

We'll never know. But I think Brunson would have worked. I also don't know if he stays if Cuban extended him. Kyrie and Brunson both are tough shot makers and takers. But Brunson didn't want to be the second fiddle here. He wanted to run his own team, and he's blown up big since he left. Kyrie doesn't want or need to be the headliner. He's fine being the second option wherever he's played, Cleveland,  Boston, Brooklyn, etc. Pacers won't be a walk in the park. They won the season series 3-1, but it doesn't matter now, it's the playoffs. It won't be a EASY series as you suggest. They are hard to play because of their style of play, pace, and shot making ability. Pacers must keep the Knicks off the boards, especially offensively. Knicks are one of the best teams in rebounding. This could be a 6-7 game series.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • michaeltex
Like Reply
(05-02-2024, 11:49 PM)BoredAssistant Wrote: Ah ok.  Knicks vs Pacers sounds fun at least.

It should be. The Pacers get the ball up the floor, take advantage of turnovers, and take the first shot available.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply