Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: Amazon & NBA Have Deal for Broadcast Rights| Dame Hurt
https://twitter.com/TopBallCoverage/stat...9495672833
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/basketbllnews/status...4898625537
Like Reply
(07-26-2022, 11:05 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/basketbllnews/status...4898625537

from a player drafted in the 2nd round (41st pick) of the 2014 NBA Draft to boot!

[Image: rock-clapping.gif]
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 05:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: He is STILL reliant on superior athleticism. What folks were wrong about was NOT that. 

No one was able to foresee his non-human and unnatural ability to maintain superior athleticism years farther than anyone else ever has in the history of sports.

Arsene Wenger (an all time great soccer coach) once said it perfectly 
Athletic players age the best unless serious injuries happen. A super quick player will be a "quick" player when he is old, with ton of additional experience. 
Lebron case was easy guess for me, that he would he be elite till 35 or so. Didn't expect it to be going till 38 tbf (at current level) but kudos to him.
Also it isn't just Lebron,  look at Tennis,  soccer etc. Older legends has more durability than ever tbf
Like Reply
(07-27-2022, 07:00 AM)khaled1987 Wrote: Arsene Wenger (an all time great soccer coach) once said it perfectly 
Athletic players age the best unless serious injuries happen. A super quick player will be a "quick" player when he is old, with ton of additional experience. 
Lebron case was easy guess for me, that he would he be elite till 35 or so. Didn't expect it to be going till 38 tbf (at current level) but kudos to him.
Also it isn't just Lebron,  look at Tennis,  soccer etc. Older legends has more durability than ever tbf

[Image: emperor-palpatine-the-dark-side-of-the-force.gif]
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • khaled1987, Mavs2021
Like Reply
(07-26-2022, 07:52 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/15...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhoopshype.com%2Flists%2Franking-the-top-25-point-guards-for-the-2022-23-season%2F

One of the most entertaining players to ever play the game.  
Despite his whole package,  I still appreciate him for that
[-] The following 1 user Likes khaled1987's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
So now Draymon Green wants to get his max contract from GSW. With the Curry/Thompson/Wiggins deals already in place, that would put the team payroll at ~$150M for just four players.

Curry is on the books through 25/26
Thompson is on through 23/24
Wiggins is on through 22/23, but it's likely going to take a max or near max to keep him. (especially if he makes another ASG).
Green in on through 22/23, but now he wants a max and I assume it's going to end up in the $40+MM range.

Other reports say GSW wants to keep Green, but isn't interested in paying a max to keep him. IMO, that means he either goes away or unhappily stays. I can't imagine a locker room with a persistently unhappy Green will be comfortable to be around.
[-] The following 2 users Like michaeltex's post:
  • DallasMaverick, F Gump
Like Reply
(07-27-2022, 12:53 PM)michaeltex Wrote: So now Draymon Green wants to get his max contract from GSW. With the Curry/Thompson/Wiggins deals already in place, that would put the team payroll at ~$150M for just four players.

Curry is on the books through 25/26
Thompson is on through 23/24
Wiggins is on through 22/23, but it's likely going to take a max or near max to keep him. (especially if he makes another ASG).
Green in on through 22/23, but now he wants a max and I assume it's going to end up in the $40+MM range.

Other reports say GSW wants to keep Green, but isn't interested in paying a max to keep him. IMO, that means he either goes away or unhappily stays. I can't imagine a locker room with a persistently unhappy Green will be comfortable to be around.

That's tough.  You also have Poole and Wiseman around the corner.  I always figured GSW would try to trade Wiggins this year for expiring contracts and picks but I'd argue he was the biggest key to them winning the championship.  If it were me, I'd try to trade Klay and Keep Wiggins but I don't think there is any chance of that happening.  I'm also not sure what the market for Klay would be.  He's 32, coming off all those injuries and is owed 84 million over the next two years.  

Draymond is probably worth the max to them.  He's the engine and heart that makes that team go.  He's also 32.  His max is 164m for 5 years.  Ouch.  

I've always wished we could get Draymond in a Mavs uniform.
Like Reply
(07-27-2022, 02:09 PM)cow Wrote: If it were me, I'd try to trade Klay and Keep Wiggins
Klay seems washed at times.  I would rather have THJ at that cost.
Like Reply
(07-27-2022, 03:11 PM)Hypermav Wrote: Klay seems washed at times.  I would rather have THJ at that cost.

Year two of that injury recovery will hopefully let him return closer to normal.  There is a lot of loyalty there too.
Like Reply
(07-27-2022, 02:09 PM)cow Wrote: His max is 164m for 5 years.  Ouch.  

It's way more than that. Assuming he declines his PO, next summer Green's max will be 5 yrs, $270M-ish.

And there's no question he will be expecting to get his this go-round, since everyone else in GS has been getting max deals.
Like Reply
(07-27-2022, 07:15 PM)F Gump Wrote: It's way more than that. Assuming he declines his PO, next summer Green's max will be 5 yrs, $270M-ish.

And there's no question he will be expecting to get his this go-round, since everyone else in GS has been getting max deals.

He can expect it but I don't think they'll give it to him.  Opting out of 27m his last year seems like a dangerous game too.  Seems like that might be a golden opportunity for the Warriors to hit the reset button on him.  Draymond has a lot of value to GSW and vice versa but I'm not sure that translates to another team, especially a team with a lot less talent.  Can he make that money back on the open market at age 33.  I have my doubts.
Like Reply
No way any NBA franchise puts a $50m/y bet in 33 year old Draymond who looked already washed this year when Curry did not play.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2022/07/nba-...22-23.html
Draymond would be in the 10+ years category
Like Reply
(07-27-2022, 08:10 PM)cow Wrote: He can expect it but I don't think they'll give it to him.  Opting out of 27m his last year seems like a dangerous game too.  Seems like that might be a golden opportunity for the Warriors to hit the reset button on him.  Draymond has a lot of value to GSW and vice versa but I'm not sure that translates to another team, especially a team with a lot less talent.  Can he make that money back on the open market at age 33.  I have my doubts.

All it takes is one team that wants to take a flyer on him.  Al Horford, anyone?
Like Reply
It will be interesting to watch GSW over the next few years. They are all "We are Family" after winning the trophy, but age and price tags will have an effect on that. It will be hard for the young guys, and ring chasers, to play for a discount if the championships aren't coming.

Health issues have to be a big factor. Steph is 34 and has missed almost 20 games a season for the last two years and essentially the whole season before that (bubble year). Klay is 32, got hurt in the 2019 playoffs and missed two full seasons and the first 50 games last season (jury is still out on whether he is the same). Draymond is 32, missed 36 games last season and 19 the previous season.

If Draymond doesn't get paid, but Wiggins does, I'm betting the "family" feeling will go out the window.

Also, I heard somewhere that paying Wiggins and Green would boost the total salary + LTax bill to over $500M, which starts getting pretty steep even for a billionaire. Lacob's current net worth is ~$1.5B. They paid $450M to buy GSW back in 2010. 

I guess we will see where his pain level lies.

https://bayareasportshub.com/2022/06/20/...n-by-2023/
Like Reply
Curry - Poole - Wiggins - Kuminga (maybe) - Wiseman (bigger maybe) is what I'd try to transition to.

(07-28-2022, 08:38 AM)DallasMaverick Wrote: All it takes is one team that wants to take a flyer on him.  Al Horford, anyone?

Horford is who I had in my mind as well, but Horford was the dude for a while so even a fall from his normal production would still show up on the box score.  Draymond's contributions are harder to quantify and while I think they are tremendous, they aren't going to translate as well outside of Golden State.
Like Reply
I’m ready to catch heat from everyone but I don’t see how the Clippers aren’t one of the best teams of all time if healthy. They are fucking scary.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(07-30-2022, 02:33 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: I’m ready to catch heat from everyone but I don’t see how the Clippers aren’t one of the best teams of all time if healthy. They are fucking scary.

I think when they were healthy they were the best team in the NBA the last three seasons. I assume that will hold true next season. Problem is they have not been able to stay healthy.
Like Reply
(07-30-2022, 02:57 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I think when they were healthy they were the best team in the NBA the last three seasons. I assume that will hold true next season. Problem is they have not been able to stay healthy.

They are legit 11 deep in the playoffs right now. If the get to the playoffs healthy, it’s over. They got Covington and Powell for free basically. If Wall gives them anything… my god.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
Healthy GSW vs Clippers should be an epic 7 game series 
Let's hope the winner will be dead tired against the Mavs in WCF  Big Grin
[-] The following 2 users Like khaled1987's post:
  • DallasMaverick, F Gump
Like Reply