Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham| POR Revamps Coaching Staff Under Billups
(07-25-2022, 05:28 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Man, I remember around 2010 when plenty of folks thought Lebron will be done at 30 because he is just so reliant on athletic ability.  How wrong were they

He is STILL reliant on superior athleticism. What folks were wrong about was NOT that. 

No one was able to foresee his non-human and unnatural ability to maintain superior athleticism years farther than anyone else ever has in the history of sports.
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 05:28 PM)khaled1987 Wrote: Man, I remember around 2010 when plenty of folks thought Lebron will be done at 30 because he is just so reliant on athletic ability.  How wrong were they

Guilty as charged. Didn´t expect him to do this for 20 years. Still a noticeable decline in the last three years. Especially when it comes to durability. Bubble season was a blessing for him. Extra rest and less games. Ignoring the bubble season he missed 20+ games each season since he joined the Lakers.
On court it´s the same. The relentless energy is gone. Coasting even more on defense. More of a jumpshooter on offense.
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 05:43 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Still a noticable decline in the last three years. Especially when it comes to durability. Bubble season was a blessing for him. Extra rest and less games. Ignoring the bubble season he missed 20+ games each season since he joined the Lakers.
On court it´s the same. The relentless energy is gone. Coasting even more on defense. More of a jumpshooter on offense.

Good explanation for the bubble season title, and why nobody needs to worry about the Lakers anytime soon.
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 02:09 PM)cow Wrote: Wonder how many points LeBron will end up with.  While I'd bet the under, 42K doesn't seem crazy.  If he averaged 20ppg over the next three seasons while playing 55 games per season, that would get him to 40,362.

Lebron has caught Kareem in record time it seems. I remember when a lot of peoplle thought that record would stand a lot longer.
Like Reply
Drugs are bad, mmkay.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/johnhollinger/status...04545?s=21&t=tJGClMalc1T-eQSxYR8o4w

Supposedly he had a really bad summer league.  He put up excellent numbers as a freshman and I think it was a surprise to most he slipped to the second round last year.  Some thought the Hawks got a steal.  Now the Hawks cut bait with him.  Still only 21.

It is just so tough for smallish point guards now.  Seems like they could be going the way of immobile centers with a few exceptions.
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 09:32 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is just so tough for smallish point guards now.  Seems like they could be going the way of immobile centers with a few exceptions.

I hope the Mavs make the smallish guard extinct....letting JB go is one step toward that.
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 07:07 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Lebron has caught Kareem in record time it seems. I remember when a lot of peoplle thought that record would stand a lot longer.

I'm pretty sure LeBron is a robot or an alien though.

(07-25-2022, 09:52 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I hope the Mavs make the smallish guard extinct....letting JB go is one step toward that.

"Letting JB go" is some impressive spin.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 10:25 PM)cow Wrote: "Letting JB go" is some impressive spin.

They didn't let him go? So they made a max offer and did everything they could to keep him?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/AnilGognaNBA/status/...8776317952

https://twitter.com/AnilGognaNBA/status/...7034828801

[Image: FYj2fn5WAAINH6W?format=jpg&name=large]
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 10:46 PM)Kammrath Wrote: They didn't let him go? So they made a max offer and did everything they could to keep him?

JB wouldn't let MBT2.0 talk to them.  That was the only "letting" happening in the situation.  Painting this as the Mavericks decision is laughable.
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 10:59 PM)cow Wrote: JB wouldn't let MBT2.0 talk to them.  That was the only "letting" happening in the situation.  Painting this as the Mavericks decision is laughable.

I'm confused. Most everyone ridiculed Cuban saying they never had a chance to offer JB, claiming Cuban REFUSED to go higher than a certain number. 

So which is it? 

1) Cuban refused to offer higher than $20-22M (the number Skin reported) and thereby "let him go" when he found a higher number.

OR

2) Cuban would have paid $30M per year but JB wasn't interested in more money and thereby the Mavs did NOT "let him go."

You really think it was number 2??
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply
Oh no doubt in my mind there would have been a meeting if we were going to up our offer in any substantial manner
We let him go
[-] The following 3 users Like Jym's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, Kammrath, sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 11:10 PM)Jym Wrote: Oh no doubt in my mind there would have been a meeting if we were going to up our offer in any substantial manner
We let him go

Yeah, no doubt that Cuban is telling the truth that JB didn't allow for any meeting....but I would bet a lot of money that is because he and his agent already knew the max amount that DAL was willing to offer.
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 11:06 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I'm confused. 

Apparently.  Both of your scenarios are irrelevant.  Mavs planned to meet JB in New York when free agency started.  JB called off the meeting.  He didn't want to hear the pitch.  It doesn't matter if Cuban planned to pitch him a dollar or a billion, JB didn't want to hear it.
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 11:37 PM)cow Wrote: Apparently.  Both of your scenarios are irrelevant.  Mavs planned to meet JB in New York when free agency started.  JB called off the meeting.  He didn't want to hear the pitch.  It doesn't matter if Cuban planned to pitch him a dollar or a billion, JB didn't want to hear it.

You really think JB had no idea how much money DAL was willing to offer? 

So there is a bridge I am interested in selling you.....
  • sterlingmallory
Like Reply
(07-25-2022, 11:39 PM)Kammrath Wrote: So there is a bridge I am interested in selling you.....

You must have gone to the same sales training as Cubes.
Like Reply
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/I_have_a_...o_sell_you
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Ballislife/status/15...wcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fhoopshype.com%2Flists%2Franking-the-top-25-point-guards-for-the-2022-23-season%2F
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/...8438244359
Like Reply