Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 4.1 Average
AROUND the NBA: Amazon & NBA Have Deal for Broadcast Rights
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2324675586
Like Reply
(01-31-2023, 03:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...2324675586
I know why, because that team is a pain in the knee. All the players making Lonzo and Caruso carry the defense!
Like Reply
Watching Knicks vs Lakers.  lakers look good…so far.  If they can keep Davis and Lebron healthy, they may be a team no one wants to play.  Thomas Bryant and Rui giving they solid minutes.
Like Reply
(01-31-2023, 09:35 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Watching Knicks vs Lakers.  lakers look good…so far.  If they can keep Davis and Lebron healthy, they may be a team no one wants to play.  Thomas Bryant and Rui giving they solid minutes.

Hachimura is putting up THJ´s numbers. Anyone think he´ll get an RFA offer as big as THJ´s current contract? Nope. So good deal for the Lakers to get a 24 year old on a good future contract. That´s the kind of moves the Mavs should look to find.
Like Reply
(01-31-2023, 09:35 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Watching Knicks vs Lakers.  lakers look good…so far.  If they can keep Davis and Lebron healthy, they may be a team no one wants to play.  Thomas Bryant and Rui giving they solid minutes.

This is so painful to watch seeing Brunson carry the Knicks down the stretch.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-31-2023, 09:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is so painful to watch seeing Brunson carry the Knicks down the stretch.

Brunson has changed the Knicks culture. He's always under control, smart and gives them the leader they were missing. If he doesn't make the AS game, somebody needs to be arrested.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(01-31-2023, 10:06 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Brunson has changed the Knicks culture. He's always under control, smart and gives them the leader they were missing. If he doesn't make the AS game, somebody needs to be arrested.

I'm a huge fan of Brunson, and he's certainly missed in DAL and has made NY better, but even I don't think he has a prayer at ASG (unless there's a whole raft of injuries), nor do I think he deserves a slot.

He finished low in the voting, so the NBA world doesn't see him as worthy.

I wouldn't expect him to land any higher than 6th on the list of possible backups and perhaps much lower - and there probably will only be 3 backups selected.

Brown
Harden
Haliburton
Young
DeRozan
LaMelo
Garland
LaVine
Holiday
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(01-31-2023, 09:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: This is so painful to watch seeing Brunson carry the Knicks down the stretch.

I got to admit, the guy is making me eat the biggest fattest plate of crow on earth. Never thought he was capable of being a highly efficient 24ppg scorer as the 1st option.

Just no way in hell. I assumed he'd dip with defenses focusing more on him, but that just isn't the case. JB stays proving people wrong. 

Curious to see how he plays in the playoffs when teams scout the hell out of him. Can he keep this kind of load up when the tension is the highest?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-01-2023, 12:51 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I got to admit, the guy is making me eat the biggest fattest plate of crow on earth. Never thought he was capable of being a highly efficient 24ppg scorer as the 1st option.

Just no way in hell. I assumed he'd dip with defenses focusing more on him, but that just isn't the case. JB stays proving people wrong. 

Curious to see how he plays in the playoffs when teams scout the hell out of him. Can he keep this kind of load up when the tension is the highest?

I mean JB is -4.0 on/off right now and -13.3 on/off defensively.
Like Reply
(02-01-2023, 01:05 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I mean JB is -4.0 on/off right now and -13.3 on/off defensively.

Right, however ask any Knick fan who religiously watches the team and they'd say Brunson's addition has been a godsend. He's saved their butts time after time this year.

A skewed on/off stat doesn't take away from the fact that he's led that team to a winning record, potential playoff berth, when they were one of the worst teams in the NBA last year. 

Still exhausted talking about this dude cause it's been beaten into the core of the earth, but he should get his praise thus far. Especially because I was a big critic of his contract and felt he'd never live up to it.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 3 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump, HoosierDaddyKid, omahen
Like Reply
(02-01-2023, 01:12 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Right, however ask any Knick fan who religiously watches the team and they'd say Brunson's addition has been a godsend. He's saved their butts time after time this year.

A skewed on/off stat doesn't take away from the fact that he's led that team to a winning record, potential playoff berth, when they were one of the worst teams in the NBA last year. 

Still exhausted talking about this dude cause it's been beaten into the core of the earth, but he should get his praise thus far. Especially because I was a big critic of his contract and felt he'd never live up to it.

Not only will he live up to that contract, it’s going to look like a steel in the long run.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • omahen, The Jom
Like Reply
The Joker is insane. He had a 28 pt, 17 rebs, 15 asst line tonight. Leads the league with 16 triple-doubles. And Jamal Murray is playing like the Bubble Murray.
Like Reply
(01-31-2023, 11:25 PM)F Gump Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Brunson, and he's certainly missed in DAL and has made NY better, but even I don't think he has a prayer at ASG (unless there's a whole raft of injuries), nor do I think he deserves a slot.

I wouldn't expect him to land any higher than 6th on the list of possible backups and perhaps much lower - and there probably will only be 3 backups selected.

Brown
Harden
Haliburton
Young
DeRozan
LaMelo
Garland
LaVine
Holiday

You may have a point. Everyone can't make it, though I think he's deserving.  They'll probably name Randle as a reserve as he's having a bounce back year which I think is attributed to Brunson taking more responsibility off him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(01-31-2023, 11:25 PM)F Gump Wrote: I'm a huge fan of Brunson, and he's certainly missed in DAL and has made NY better, but even I don't think he has a prayer at ASG (unless there's a whole raft of injuries), nor do I think he deserves a slot.

Brown
Harden
Haliburton
Young
DeRozan
LaMelo
Garland
LaVine
Holiday

IMO, the only ones from that list that will make it are Brown (BOS), Haliburton (IND), Brunson (NYK). Holiday (MIL) could be a dark horse. The others don't have games/record to support their case.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
Pelicans have lost 9 in a row.  They have had a ton of injuries but wow.    Looks like they got the perfect opponent next Smile
Like Reply
We don´t have to like him but it should be mentioned...

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1620612006914166784

https://twitter.com/LBJsBest/status/1620664553632829443

Stockton is out of reach. Can he surpass CP3 and Kidd?
Like Reply
(02-01-2023, 09:33 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: We don´t have to like him but it should be mentioned...

https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1620612006914166784

https://twitter.com/LBJsBest/status/1620664553632829443

Stockton is out of reach. Can he surpass CP3 and Kidd?

It is amazing how good he is playing.   I just love watching him play.    Sure, some of the other stuff may rub people the wrong way.  I just love how he pushes the pace and is willing to give the ball up.   Just a fabulous player.   I expect he is with the Lakers until this time next year.  But if the Lakers are not contenders and Lebron is still playing at a high level, I expect the Lakers are going to get a lot of offers for him.   When you are his age though, a year is a long time.
Like Reply
(02-01-2023, 09:35 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: It is amazing how good he is playing.   I just love watching him play.    Sure, some of the other stuff may rub people the wrong way.  I just love how he pushes the pace and is willing to give the ball up.   Just a fabulous player.   I expect he is with the Lakers until this time next year.  But if the Lakers are not contenders and Lebron is still playing at a high level, I expect the Lakers are going to get a lot of offers for him.   When you are his age though, a year is a long time.

Lakers  9-7 in January. Mavs 6-9. The Lakers (13th in the west) are only three games behind the Mavs. If the Mavs continue to struggle and AD+LBJ can stay healthy (big IF) the Lakers could end up with a better record.
Like Reply
Ben Rohrbach on Twitter: "Ask, and you shall receive: I reviewed every L2M report for every team, and here is the data (in which LAL is 2nd only to LAC in percentage of late-game missed calls/no-calls in their favor): @YahooSportsNBA: https://t.co/IQaUnIarmC https://t.co/6j9RDctohW" / Twitter
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1620827803494256641

Can we borrow Bojan for the night?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply