Thread Rating:
  • 11 Vote(s) - 4.18 Average
AROUND the NBA: Lakers Fire Darvin Ham| POR Revamps Coaching Staff Under Billups
Butler is not going to change his colors. He's this way all the time. Every team... same thing. It doesn't take long for teams to chew all the flavor out of that gum.

What I find interesting - because I'm an idiot - is that I kind of assumed there was a little bit of Butler hiding in Kyrie. An a-hole who couldn't keep his mouth shut (or his tweets to himself). Instead, suit-and-tie Kyrie shows up, plays with his adorable kid, says all the right things at press conferences, and plays like an all-star. Half-way through the season Luka looks he's ready to propose to him.

WTF do I know.
[-] The following 3 users Like Winter's post:
  • DallasMaverick, MarkAguirreWrathofGod, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(4 hours ago)DallasMaverick Wrote: Maybe.  Or maybe just a public rebuke for behavior that doesn't reflect the team's values.

Oh, sure, that’s exactly what it is. But every time Butler gets sideways with a team like this, he moves on. There’s a long pattern.

And, unless I missed one, the last time Pat Riley spoke out publicly like this against one of his own players his when he knew ahead of time that LeBron was leaving to go back to Cleveland. 

There have actually been stories for a couple of weeks that heat officials have been trashing Butler behind the scenes.
Like Reply
I really like TJ McConnell. Hate playing against him though. I would love to find an undrafted guy or a guy who has bounced around the league for a few years. like him to develop. Ideally he would be bigger 6’4 to 6’6., but I want a fighter.
Like Reply
JKidd showed the blueprint for stopping JB was sticking Josh Green on him. Not sure why the rest of the league hasn't caught up.
Like Reply
(1 hour ago)Chicagojk Wrote: I really like TJ McConnell.  Hate playing against him though.  I would love to find an undrafted guy or a guy who has bounced around the league for a few years.  like him to develop.  Ideally he would be bigger 6’4 to 6’6., but I want a fighter.

JJB with better defense. Perfect fit on a RC lead team.
Like Reply
(1 hour ago)Chicagojk Wrote: I really like TJ McConnell.  Hate playing against him though.  I would love to find an undrafted guy or a guy who has bounced around the league for a few years.  like him to develop.  Ideally he would be bigger 6’4 to 6’6., but I want a fighter.

The comeback guy you're describing is Lonzo Ball. He picked up his 20+mil player option and isn't scheduled to return until next season around January. 

What a comeback career for Lonzo to redefine himself as a 6MOY under Kidd, the same guy who he was compared to during his draft/rookie year.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Thibs hates his bench. Only 20 minutes so far, compared with Rick’s 60.
Like Reply
(39 minutes ago)DallasMaverick Wrote: Thibs hates his bench. Only 20 minutes so far, compared with Rick’s 60.

The heavy minutes didn’t hurt the Knicks against the sixers but you wonder if this fast pace with these athletic pacers will wear the Knicks down as the series goes along.

McConnell playing great. Josh hart is such a warrior.

Got to admire the confidence of Obi to do a between the legs dunk in a close playoff game in the third quarter.  Rick may have murdered him at half court if he missed.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
(6 hours ago)KillerLeft Wrote: Ok, so Butler will be on a new team next year. That seems clear.

He's due a extension, so we'll see. Riley says he's not trading him, but will weigh his injury history vs extending him. Butler is on the wrong side of 30.
Like Reply
(33 minutes ago)Chicagojk Wrote: The heavy minutes didn’t hurt the Knicks against the sixers but you wonder if this fast pace with these athletic pacers will wear the Knicks down as the series goes along.

McConnell playing great. Josh hart is such a warrior.

Got to admire the confidence of Obi to do a between the legs dunk in a close playoff game in the third quarter.  Rick may have murdered him at half court if he missed.

Pacers have a better bench. Toppin wants to show up his old team. McConnell has been fantastic. Siakam vs OG his old teammate.This should be another dogfight of a series. Brunson has to be great every game which he's been doing it seems, but Josh Hart and DiVencenzo have been amazing as well.
Like Reply
The more you watch the Knicks in the playoffs the more obvious it is Brunson would NEVER have become this in Dallas:

1- He couldn’t dominate every possession in Dallas
2- He would never get this NY whistle if he was still on the Mavs

I love JB. But for all the people that want to compare Luka to Harden, it’s JB that has mastered the prime Harden flop skill.

And more BS whistles for NY. Nesmith with a clear as day clean steal on Brunson and they call a phantom kick ball…which can’t be challenged. Leads to a Divencenzo 3 and Knick lead. NBA refs suck.
Like Reply
The Villanova Three are something else.
Like Reply
Tough choice but I think the Pacers should have closed the game with McConnell/Toppin.
Like Reply