Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SUMMER LEAGUE: Gm 5 84-95 loss, JH 15 pts, 3 ast, 3 rbd, 7 TO
(07-08-2022, 08:00 AM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Pistons front court looked really good. Stewart was 3/4 from 3. If he developed a consistent 3-ball they can play Stewart and Duren next to each other. Easily the most athletic PF/C duo in the league.
With Cunningham, Ivey and Bey playing 1-3. Probably my favorit young team right now.

I will not mention that all these guys have been drafted in the last 24 months, a full starting five. Cuban drafts Luka/Brunson in the same year and here we are. Tank just the next season hard and you get one of Zion/Morant/Barrett/Hunter/Garland. Cry

I think Pistons have a bright future. They drafted really well imho.

I´m happy for the Kings that Murray seems good, but I´m afraid Ivey will be even more special.

Also happy prediction: Hardy drops 30 tonight and Bingham 10/10.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(07-08-2022, 04:17 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Hakeem doesn't cut it IMO, you literally would need a Shaq who can literally get layups/dunks on almost every possession because he can just go through literally every players in the league.

Out of simple curiosity, did you ever watch Hakeem play when he was in the league? I don't mean YouTube highlights. Actual in-season games during his career?
[-] The following 6 users Like Berknip's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, hakeemfaan, HoosierDaddyKid, ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, soog
Like Reply
(07-07-2022, 09:48 PM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: You don't think that at some point, some dominant dude could come along and shoot a crazy high percentage in the paint destroying all these smallball C's and finesse players who are in the league now?  Do you think that prime Shaq would have a place in this era?  Or just unable to cope with the way the game has evolved.  

Passing into the post is a major problem for the current generation of NBA players. I remember the game where Boban would set up perfect position down low and the non-Luka passers couldn't get him the ball. Turnover after turnover.
Like Reply
saw this on Redditt....this is one of our summer league guys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5xGadTV_6g
Like Reply
(07-08-2022, 09:06 AM)Berknip Wrote: Out of simple curiosity, did you ever watch Hakeem play when he was in the league? I don't mean YouTube highlights. Actual in-season games during his career?

He probably wasn't even born...Dream was one of the most skilled centers ever to play.
[-] The following 2 users Like HoosierDaddyKid's post:
  • ItsGoTime, soog
Like Reply
Anyone know how to watch this game?

(07-08-2022, 09:22 AM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: He probably wasn't even born...Dream was one of the most skilled centers ever to play.

He also happened to DESTROY shaq in the finals.

Ah ESPNU, just needed to check Kamm's post.
Like Reply
Also on Mavs.com

https://www.mavs.com/slstream/
Like Reply
Hardy - DNP rest

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=790b7611c5dc47ad5f9e13aa33...y.gif&ct=g]

[Image: yes-i-am-yup.gif]

Thanks Bulls coach for not playing Dosunmu.
Like Reply
Hardy worse than Tyrell Terry?
Like Reply
Two turnovers and a blocked stepback three for Hardy (Dalen Terry my boy making the block)....ROUGH start.
[-] The following 2 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft, Okstate819
Like Reply
[Image: alcoholic-heavy-drinker.gif]
Like Reply
I remember thinking Jalen Brunson looked lost and scared in his first summer league action. Basically what Jaden Hardy looks like so far.
Like Reply
Really poor start for Hardy so far. I hope it improves.
Like Reply
(07-08-2022, 08:57 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Giannis is not just survivable on defense. He is one of the best. Giannis also handles the ball like a guard. Shaq could do neither.  At least that iteration of Shaq. However that’s why I said it’s difficult to engage in hypotheticals because the Shaq growing up later would probably be a totally different type of player. 

It was not just Shaq. Even Barkley, Aguire, or a PG like Mark Jackson used to back folks down methodically and the NBA put a stop to all that. They didn’t want the game going in that direction.  It was a great move. Look at all the point forwards with size now.  My other fav sport is tennis. Garfia might be the closest to a stud on the horizon but it is not like the ATP has many next gen stars that folks are clamoring to watch. Meanwhile the NBA looks set for another 10-12 years easily and never seem to run out of must watch type of talent.

BTW for someone who wrote that Hakeem would not cut it now as opposed to Shaq, Hakeem is one of those who would absolutely dominate. He had the foot speed on defense, great offensive footwork, and a terrific fadeaway.  He was a skilled player who could kill you with skill or power, and skill is king now.

I think that Hakeem is actually the prototype.  That's why I brought him up in my hypothetical.  He would absolutely feast in today's game as he faced guys that have no business being in the post on defense.  I think he would be able to be more efficient than he was with a ton more point blank shots/dunks.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavsfan12's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
Those of us watching this game deserve free tickets or something.
Like Reply
Dalen Terry is going to be a great role player in the NBA....just love his feel for the game. He is such a team player, I would love to play on his team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Pretty rough for Hardy, so far. That patient weave into the paint for an in-traffic layup looked instinctive and easy for him, however. He seems to have really effective offensive skills, just needs to learn how/when to use them.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Mavsfan12
Like Reply
Saying that they are having a rough start would be an understatement. So far it reminds me of last years team. Really don´t understand why they never have a real PG on the roster. Chaos on both ends.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1545501416671903744
Like Reply
REALLY nice closeout attack and finish through contact there from Hardy. Outstanding, honestly. 

Good fronting defense in transition right before that, too.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, Mavsfan12
Like Reply