Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-23-2022, 02:13 PM)Winter Wrote: I doubt you actually mean that. If we're not talking about the future, then you're keeping a player that the coaching staff couldn't play in the playoffs. You've decided that you are going to give a contract raise in 2022-23 to a player who currently makes the coaching staff nervous in crunch time. In that case, he's no different than Sterling Brown.... and I don't think anyone in this forum was eager to hold onto him.

So the risk is that he must get good enough to break into the rotation this upcoming season. And I don't mean averaging 10-12 mpg. And yet, there will be players out there who have played 25-30 mpg in playoff situations that we could trade for. 

I personally think keeping him is a bigger risk than trading him for something more useful..

He couldn't play in the playoffs, last season. His rookie year he was unplayable even in the regular season. It was a testament to how far he'd come that Kidd even gave him an actual attempt in the playoffs. DFS and Reggie aren't getting any younger, really all Green needs to do to be worth his piddly 3M next season that doesn't even rank top 10 on the team is to improve a little more to take a little more of the load off of DFS and Reggie in the regular season, anything in the playoffs would just be a bonus. Josh Green is 21 and showed improvement so you can play the long game with him, Sterling Brown is 27 and actually regressed from his previous season, that's why no one wanted Sterling back.
[-] The following 3 users Like MrGoat's post:
  • DallasMaverick, F Gump, hakeemfaan
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by MrGoat - 06-23-2022, 02:36 PM