Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-21-2022, 10:19 AM)Winter Wrote: Nope. I'm saying why wouldn't we try to get better than those teams? The Lakers, Grizzlies, and Suns will do everything they can to stay on top. We're competing with them now. We're close. What will get us there?

Josh Green may be a player we keep. But we currently keep Green because of a potential ceiling that no one has seen yet. I no longer think the Mavs will cultivate "potential" on our 15-man roster given our depth problem. Nor should we in my opinion. We have the G League for that.

No one is saying we shouldn’t compete every year that a Luka is on the team to try and win a title. You don’t waste any year with a guy like that. 

The disagreement is about looking at Green as a mere future potential guy. He is more than that From what I saw he had improved from year 1 and contributed on most nights this year when given a chance. We are not talking about the future.  

Is he an untouchable? Of course not. However I am not just going to throw in one of the few athletic young guys we have, one who can play defense, and one who showed improvement on offense.  Especially not to just get some retread veteran. 

All very good teams have a mixture of young talent and seasoned veterans. Even GS has Kuminga and Moses Moody who didn’t get too much burn in the playoffs but served a valuable role in the regular season and will serve going forward.
[-] The following 5 users Like hakeemfaan's post:
  • ballsrchr, DallasMaverick, F Gump, KillerLeft, nash_funk
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by hakeemfaan - 06-23-2022, 01:42 PM