Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-20-2022, 10:33 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Remember at my first live NBA game how much faster Allen Iverson could move than anyone else on the court. I see similar difference in the way Josh Green runs and jumps and defends compared to EVERYONE ELSE ON THE COURT, either team. Treating him as expendable after 2 years would be idiotic. 

Christian Wood’s highlight videos make the same kind of eye-popping impression. Moves so well for his size. A young Dirk with hops. It’s crazy. Unless he poops in Luka’s locker, you give that kind of athleticism chance after chance after chance to develop. See, exhibit A, Andrew Wiggins. (But yeah, Wiggins probably didn’t fit Minnesota’s timeline.)

You must have fast forward vision when viewing Green. He's athletic, but he's nowhere near THAT athletic. Unless you actually just meant compared to his rather unathletic teammates.

Also literally the only similarity Wood has with Dirk is he can shoot 3's. There's pretty much nothing about their offensive profile that is otherwise similar. If he fully buys in though, I think he's a legit good quality number 2 option, and the clear second best scorer on the team, even over Brunson.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by Dundalis - 06-23-2022, 06:18 AM