Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-21-2022, 09:20 AM)hakeemfaan Wrote: Are you saying we are automatically better than the Grizzlies, Suns, Lakers next year?

Nope. I'm saying why wouldn't we try to get better than those teams? The Lakers, Grizzlies, and Suns will do everything they can to stay on top. We're competing with them now. We're close. What will get us there?

Every move we make should be how much better can we be against these competing teams, particularly in a playoff environment where our lack of depth and our center position were exposed. Every playoff team tries to shore up their weaknesses. We don't need to behave like Portland or OKC in how we approach Free Agency and the draft. Our identity is a playoff team, and our roster construction isn't experimental anymore. Most of our weaknesses are pretty well outlined, and we need players to shore up those holes.

Josh Green may be a player we keep. But we currently keep Green because of a potential ceiling that no one has seen yet. I no longer think the Mavs will cultivate "potential" on our 15-man roster given our depth problem. Nor should we in my opinion. We have the G League for that.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by Winter - 06-21-2022, 10:19 AM