Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-20-2022, 08:49 PM)Winter Wrote: I'll just point out an article that was posted in Mavs Moneyball website - which I happen to agree with. They list three things the Mavs could learn from this year's NBA champions.

#2 on the list was "Players on the Fringes Matter" ... and they point to Bejelica and Gary Payton II as examples of players the coaching staff was comfortable playing without reservation. In other words, having 8-10 players you can play in the playoffs can make a difference.

#3 on the list is "Don't Waste Your Window" - which is an obvious reference to a team's best window of time for a championship. 

Josh Green is currently on a team that needs veteran depth. I think he's a poor fit for the Mavericks right now, but it's just an opinion. It's always possible Green figures it out and finds a way to stay on the court and be successful. I just wouldn't hang onto him hoping that happens.

3 things the Dallas Mavericks can learn from the 2022 NBA Finals - Mavs Moneyball

My disagreement is about the window. True just like any team with LeBron, any team with Luka is ready to win. But just like Lebrom, Luka is not going to win a title by himself. We can’t get carried away by what happened this season and feel we are on the cusp. Keep some young cheap pieces also.  

Even teams with two legit studs and legit in contention have always found the ability to have a mix of veterans and younger players.  All of them don’t have to be in the rotation in the playoffs. The season is long and grueling too. The youth helps there. So if even legit title teams can do that, we can too. It does not have to be black and white that we just need more veterans to put us over the line.
[-] The following 1 user Likes hakeemfaan's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by hakeemfaan - 06-20-2022, 10:03 PM