Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-19-2022, 04:28 PM)F Gump Wrote: I agree with the post on Green, and its general idea that prefers he stays and see how much more he can develop. The observation about Brunson's emergence - a year ago, he wasn't playoff ready - is only part of the picture, because Brunson had already played 4 NBA seasons before becoming playoff-worthy (Green has only played 2), and Green had the benefit of 3 high-level college years (Green had only 1, and there was no March Madness that year). As long as he is progressing, let's get the benefit of seeing where it goes rather than shipping him away in a trade (where he won't move the trade-value needle anyhow).

However, I don't agree that Dragic would be in his way. Green's shortest trajectory to being a regular is to be a 3-and-D wing, SG/SF size, with some side skills that can emerge at times (rebounding, passing). He's not the guy who creates your offense. (If he were to ever be that guy, he's so far away that Dragic would be long gone by the time he could be used that way in meaningful minutes.) If anyone might get in his way for minutes in the next season or 3, it will be THJ or Franky.

Jalen was a winner at Nova, player of the year and has obvious bball skills you cant coach.  Jalen had obvious NBA skills even his rookie year.

Green played at an elite High School against elite competition.  But...he looks like a try hard skating by on his willingness to give energy on defense.

I just dont know how much of the "he's young" argument I can take.   If the Mavs have the chair and time to develop him then I am all for him.  He just needs to show improvement in his 3ball before TDL lol.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by dynamicalVoid - 06-19-2022, 04:42 PM