Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-19-2022, 03:42 PM)burekemde Wrote: I think this package could land a solid player that fits the scheme. This would be a good trade indeed. Green just lacks the natural offensive instincts and sshooting to be a factor at this point of time. Might get it later.

I think that still Kidd is really happy about Powell due to his movement on defense, and in regular season, he is a weapon in pick and roll with Luka. I dont see the team trading him away.

My hope is that THJ and Green could get us a good player in return.

Ive noted several instances this season of Luka, and other teammates,  getting annoyed by THJ offensive decisions where he took difficult shots without letting the offense to develop. Im not sure it was that, could also be just frustrations of being behind in those games, but THJ has a tendency, and I would say an irreversible one, to play on his own without involving the team at all. And IMO this is not the same as when Luka takes a step-back 3, most of the time there is thought and schematic tactical well-calculated decision behind Lukas step back 3s and they always involve the whole team and that is when the defense is giving up the step back 3 and not allowing Lukas teammates to be open, hence in that sense Luka is involving the team. It most of the times involves Lukas natural progressions, and sometimes this can be a result of well set defense as well, and the best play in those situations, but he allows the reads to go through and gives a thought to each position of each teammate. No, instead THJ's rushed 3s are most of the time where he is fully covered have most of the time no sense or well-calculation behind it, and never involve the teammates, any progression, or the scheme and tactics of the offense and are not a decision based on the reads THJ is doing, its simply running over and making sure he takes the shot and nobody else on the team, and mostly they are super rushed early in the shotclock. There is a world of difference how different contested 3s can be in terms of scheme and tactics, and the reasoning behind these kind of shots.

man o man o man

so friggin' true
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by dynamicalVoid - 06-19-2022, 04:06 PM