Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-18-2022, 11:27 PM)burekemde Wrote: I think Powell also fits perfectly our scheme. He just doesnt have the talent to excel in WCF, but he is a key depth player.

A player that doesnt fit our scheme but is an asset is THJ. He plays outside of the scheme of the team and teamplay IMO, despite being a good shooter and well liked teammate with good basketball skills. Both offensively and defensively he is not a fit with what we like to do scheme wise. I definitely think they are looking to move him. We had a ton of success without him and improved in terms of team cohesion as well, which to me is not a coincidence.

I actually was going to put in my post that getting wood means that we probably have to trade THJ. Like you said he's not the absolute perfect fit for the team scheme and it's hard not to notice how the team didn't skip a beat when he went down. 

Plus, there are only so many shots available in a game. Luka is going to take his 20-25 a night. Brunson probably is going to get 15 a game. Dinwiddie as well with 15. Right there we're at 50 possessions. The team averaged 85 a game (27th in the league), which gives us 35 left to distribute between Wood, THJ, DFS, Maxi, and Bullock. Wood should get around 15 a game. So is THJ/DFS/Maxi/Bullock going to take 5 shots each? Just hard to imagine it. 

Of course the easiest thing would be to just shoot more shots and play faster, which I don't think Luka prefers. 

In any case, I'm intrigued on what sort of packages (if any) they can get for THJ+Powell+Green.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • burekemde, Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by SleepingHero - 06-19-2022, 11:14 AM