Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
Some thoughts: Sleeping Hero, great post! I agree with it almost 100% though I grade the trade a resounding “A”. Very little downside. Upside is immense, with contract year, dialed in Wood actually playing for something. Teams will now have to truly pick their poison with the Luka/Wood pnr surrounded by shooters. Wood really is the best of Maxi and Powell offensively as someone pointed out before, only with the added ability to floor it and even pass some on the move. I also agree with MrGoat in that we need another big bodied big and that McGee would be a perfect fit. Unfortunately, I also agree with FGump that much he’s more likely to stay a Sun. One of my main gripes in an otherwise stellar year one of Kidd was the heavy minutes he played our guys at times. Would love to save Maxi and Dodo and Bullock and Wood even (and Luka!) some wear and tear during the regular season grind. Powell can help somewhat. But it’d be nice to have a banger to knock heads with the Adams and Valencunias of the world. I also agree having enough minutes for all of these guys will be a real challenge. Someone mentioned Robin Lopez earlier I think. Does he still want more minutes than we can give. Btw, no way in hell I’m giving Josh Green for Favors. Presti would say yes to that Green trade in an instant. Green is so undervalued in the Mavs fan community. He’s still younger than Keegan Murray who is about to go top 10. Imagine Green had stayed at Arizona and was coming out this year as a 21 year old Junior. He might be a top 10 pick! I digress… Favors would fit well here but he’s always injured. If the cost was just a second and tax for Cuban then sure! But no way Cuban pays that tax for our 3rd or 4th big, as Favors makes like 10m I think.
[-] The following 4 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • F Gump, MFFL, SleepingHero, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by MarkAguirreWrathofGod - 06-18-2022, 08:13 PM