Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-18-2022, 02:19 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Well yeah, after you see the numbers it isn't a concern. He is longer or about as long as even the best centers in the league. 

I personally think his weight and thin build is a huge advantage both for 1) injuries and 2) for mobility/athleticism. I honestly don't worry about him getting "pushed around." Don't think it will be a big issue in the vast majority of situations.

Problem is that very situation reared it's ugly head in the WCF. We let an undersized big that can't even shoot get his first ever career 20+ point game against us in that WCF in the game that pretty much ended the series. If that is not a glaring red flag that we need more strength/physicality down low I don't know what is. 

Golden State has a weakness against size which we couldn't take advantage of at all. Steven Adams had a stunning +19.1 net rating in 21 minutes per game in a series they lost and the Warriors seemed to sputter every time he was in the game. The distant second place was Dillon Brooks' +12.7 which was buoyed by playing minutes next to Adams. 

I actually still really like the Wood trade because of the cost, but Golden State will still be there next year. All I'm saying is I'd like it a lot more if we used one of those open roster spots to get JaVale McGee's 270 lb ass in here who kept opponents at under 50% at the rim. Not to mention being decent on offense and probably pretty cheap to attain too.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MrGoat's post:
  • burekemde
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by MrGoat - 06-18-2022, 06:13 PM