Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
For the price paid i gave A grade for this trade. 

We get Wood almost for free. Burke, Brown, Chriss didn't have any role here in Dallas, while Boban was here just for atmosphere. 
And speaking about draft pick is just another story. While reading some comments after the trade i got some flashbacks to the 2020 draft when we needed 3D wing and end up with Green. While reading those comments i saw that a lot of people were expecting from the guys discussed (mostly Koloko, Kamagate and Kessler) that at least poor versions of Jokic & Embiid are coming, while in reality they would need some seasons to get regular nba minutes.

When you look at the potential of Wood in Dallas you can see that he checks almost all things we needed. Only one thing he don't check is probably rim protection but for the price paid, he is big, big upgrade and moving in right direction. 
Rebounding, perimeter defense (at least potential), healthy situation,  pick and roll & pick and pop scoring potential... Also he looks like the profile of the player who can play in the play-offs while Gobert and a lot of others can be exposed. So for the price paid and the situation on the market, fantastic trade.

I also read about some concerns about his character in Houston, but in my opinion that can change here in Dallas. Don't forget that he signed a team friendly contract 2 years ago to be the starting center in Harden's Houston, so a team who was at least on a paper a contender, and after 10 games in a season they went into rebuild and tank mode, so he really didn't fit their new timeline and ambitious. 

Here in Dallas is going to have all known roles and hierarchy in the roster, different culture, winning mentality and Kidd as a coach.

For now we can say that Nico did tremendus job in right direction. The roster of:

Wood - Maxi - Powell
DFS - Bertans
Bullock - Green
Brunson - Hardaway
Luka - Dinwiddie - Frank

Is in my opinion the best Mavs team in xy years. Do not forget that we added 2 players capable for putting 20+ points per game for a new season and offseason officialy didn't even started  Cool

The only thing we loosed is Luka's friend Boban but we will see what the offseason will bring.

Players like Hartenstein, Monk, Harrell, OPJ are probably out of our range, but i wouldn't mind Vlatko Čančar as an option 3-4 on a T-MLE if Denver will not extend his contract. In my opinion really underrated player. He plays defense and can hit for 3. Also it's good friend with Luka.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by MAVS-SLO - 06-18-2022, 09:56 AM