Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-18-2022, 12:16 AM)Mavsfan12 Wrote: Yes, but it doesn't really have to be offensive talent at this point...  We are getting two solid scoring options added to our WCF lineup with Wood/THJ.  I saw a trade offering up Bullock.  Guys, I am of the opinion that we have the offensive power (upon resigning JB) to go all the way.  It is STILL the defense that is lacking.  

I like JC and I would love to have him.  A lineup with him and Wood as your bigs is VERY switchable.  However, I would not shy away from getting a real big.  I am even more on board with getting a elite big, like Gobert, now that we have a legit small ball center to counter if he gets run off.  And Wood can play next to Gobert as well as one of the premiere 3pt shooting bigs in the league.  The versatility of that lineup would be insane.  THJ/DP for Gobert?  Do the Mavs say no to that?  Do you?  The lineup combinations are good for ANY Style.  

Doncic/Din
JB/MLE
Bullock/Green
DFS/Maxi/Bertans
Gobert/Wood

Basically trades your sixth man from an offensive guard to an offensive big, while getting the BEST defensive/rebounding/rim protecting/lob threat in league.  That team leads the league in wins because it doesn't have holes.  It can adjust OR dictate.  I was always hesitant on the Gobert front because of the fear of getting him run off.  But if teams do that, they run right into one of the best small ball guys out there.  This team, as is, still lacks a defensive anchor.  I like our wing defense, but we can't stop the interior onslaught.  Gobert single handedly does that.

I view Grant as a serviceable offensive player (more than a pure 3&D but still a role player) and a potential plus defender. Adding a 2-way wing while getting rid of a defensive liability like THJ would be a considerable upgrade regardless of what happens at center.

On Gobert, I think there is essentially zero chance he ends up in a Mavs uniform as long as Danny Ainge is the guy on the other end of the phone. He's going to ask for far more than Dallas can ever hope to offer. I'm not opposed to a more defensive-minded 5 if Wood doesn't work out. I just don't think that guy will be Rudy.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by loki - 06-18-2022, 02:00 AM