Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-17-2022, 09:02 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: Yeah, I agree. I wouldn't use "close to a lock" here, but I think this is a great point regarding how these things happen, and for more than just the All Star voting. I think the season the Mavs just had put some of these guys (and the team, overall) into the minds of fans, voters, coaches, whatever. The perception of the Mavs is drastically better than it was a year ago. 

I think DFS will get some DPOY votes, Dinwiddie will get some 6MOY votes, Luka will get more MVP votes, Kidd will get some COTY votes, etc.
Ya, I backed off of the “close to lock” saying might need that extra year of consistency. Overall, I’m fully with this post!

(06-17-2022, 09:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I see All Star selections as hugely reputation based is part of the reason I see it as so unlikely for CW as I think he would have to have more than one All Star worthy campaign to actually make one. I also think JB's usage and numbers are going to go up after the new contract. So I see JB's presence as working against the numbers of CW. I also just don't see the Mavs leaning on CW enough to get him the numbers he would need.
Very legit reasoning!
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by ItsGoTime - 06-17-2022, 09:24 AM