Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-17-2022, 09:01 AM)Kammrath Wrote: I see All Star selections as hugely reputation based is part of the reason I see it as so unlikely for CW as I think he would have to have more than one All Star worthy campaign to actually make one. I also think JB's usage and numbers are going to go up after the new contract. So I see JB's presence as working against the numbers of CW. I also just don't see the Mavs leaning on CW enough to get him the numbers he would need.

I agree with the multiple season thing - I didn't mean to suggest it was a make or break for next season. 

I can kind of see Brunson working against him, I suppose. That's a decent point, only...what if Brunson ALSO has chemistry with Wood? 

I'm just saying this is a pick and roll team, with TWO great pick and roll guards. Brunson isn't super great at creating for the screener, so far, but that could change. As long as Wood comes in understanding what will make him successful here (unlike Porzingis) I think he has a chance to be dominate on the offensive end.
[-] The following 2 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by KillerLeft - 06-17-2022, 09:07 AM