Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-17-2022, 08:02 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: So, for those thinking Wood is a possible trade positive in a future trade, let me just push back a little bit. I’m not positive that will be the case. I think this is his last “stop” as a “valuable” piece. I think this could be a situation where he would have to make the allstar team to really regain any kind of value. I mean, there might be a chance that is in him, he is close with the box numbers. I think anything short of being an allstar, teams would look at all his previous stops and figure he just found home in Dallas, but there’s no guarantee my town will be home for him too.

Being young to this point has worked in his favor. Going forward I don’t think a team looking for that final piece to go with their young core is gonna think Wood is that final piece. He doesn’t fully fit their timeline anymore and he has already proven he is not that type of leader. He’s no longer young enough to start a rebuild around. He might only be useful to a vet team that won’t want to shed assets to get him and/or the assets aren’t really all that great. The good news about that is, the bar set to beat in an outgoing trade is not high at all. 

I just think anyone thinking that in a Beal trade, Wood finally puts us in the conversation is gonna be in for a rude awakening.

He hasn't even played a game for the Mavs and we're already discussing his future trade value? Sheesh. I'm excited about his fit next season.. I hope he's everything I thought KP would be for this team.
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by Smitty - 06-17-2022, 08:24 AM