Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-15-2022, 11:14 PM)mvossman Wrote: Given Kidd's leaning towards single big mobile defenses, I'm not sure he will be looking to put Wood at the PF spot.  I think pairing him with a center takes away some of his offensive value with someone clogging up the lane, and one of his biggest pluses is that you can play 5 out with him at center.  I'm sure they will add a vet min center, but in my mind their remaining assets should focus on a 3&D big wing.

Time will tell on the Wood D and the rest of the roster, but the O should be greatly improved.  One way or another it will be Luka, Brunson, DFS and Wood plus someone.  Wood rolls and scores and pops and scores.  How does a D stop that?  Should be easier to score when things get tight in the playoffs.  We really needed more easy scoring against GS.

We could currently start any of Powell, Maxi, Bullock or THJ next to those four with Bullock still the most likely.  He's probably the weakest link too, but the O and D were both better last season when he was in the game.  Nothing really needs to happen with THJ.  In fact, it shouldn't until the TDL when his value is presumably greater.  I've said before it wouldn't surprise me if Powell is still here this season.  His role should better fit his ability behind Wood.

I wonder if you could trade controlled Josh Green for expiring Kenrich Williams and get the 34th pick out of it.  You could draft the project center and have a 3/4 with a little more bulk and more proven shooting than Green.  I think Wood grades out better as a center, so it would surprise me for Dallas to trade for someone who might displace him at the position.  A bench of Powell, Maxi/KWill/THJ and Dinwiddie would be strong.  

On a less positive note...does this change anything about a potential package from NY in a Brunson S&T?  I would push for Toppin as part of the return package if it comes to that.  I love him at PF next to Wood and pushing DFS to the three.  Funny enough, trading all of these smaller contracts makes a Brunson S&T just a little more difficult.  You have to send something to a third team and now Green is really the only candidate.  Maybe that means they are really sure about Brunson staying.
[-] The following 3 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • hakeemfaan, michaeltex, Tyler
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by DanSchwartzgan - 06-15-2022, 11:50 PM