Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
(06-15-2022, 08:33 PM)mvossman Wrote: The Sweeney connection makes me feel better about the potential chemistry issues.  I'm not a fan of Wood due to defensive limitations (and chemistry concerns) but this is a crazy good deal.  I can't believe nobody beat that offer.

That´s what many said, when we traded for Porzingis.

Wood has one year left on his deal. This is his 7th team NBA in six years and that´s not even counting all his G-League/SummerLeague stints with multiple other franchises, including the Mavs. Defensively suspect.

I assume some teams value late cost-controlled 1st rounders more, especially in such a flat draft class, where you have a chance to find a good player, if you nail the pick.

I hope the Mavs trade back into the early 2nd round (top 40) at least, to snatch one or two prospects for the opened up spots. It would be so boring to see cheerleader Pinson and somebody like Robin Lopez get these spots.

But given that Powell is now our only center, we have to use free agency (Hartenstein, Nurkic, Smith), trades or the draft to add at least two centers. I honestly wouldn´t be surprised, if Nico has already successful tampered with one of Hartenstein, Nurkic or Smith for the TP-MLE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Mavs2021's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by Mavs2021 - 06-15-2022, 10:41 PM