Poll: How do you grade this trade?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
A
65.67%
44 65.67%
A-
26.87%
18 26.87%
B
4.48%
3 4.48%
B-
2.99%
2 2.99%
C
0%
0 0%
C-
0%
0 0%
D
0%
0 0%
D-
0%
0 0%
F
0%
0 0%
Total 67 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU
Wow, I’m gone for 2 hours…

Initial thoughts:

Great use of the draft pick, imo. Way better than adding a guy who can’t help for a while, given the team’s current situation. Basically, they did the impossible by adding a playoff rotation guy without losing any of the ones they had. Hell, even Powell is still here.

Ironic that they ALSO cleared out all of the end of bench guys who had me convinced they’d trade the pick in the first place.

I think it’s interesting that he’s expiring, and at a very usable number for trades.

I like Wood’s game, but have some serious doubts as to whether he’s as good as fans think. He didn’t get a very good contract when he was a free agent. He’s already being moved by that team. Lots of questions about his defense and general work ethic. I have a feeling he won’t be the answer, and I’m not sure he’s a starter on a good team, tbh, but man, he represents talent that wasn’t here yesterday. Excited to take this plunge, especially at the price, which was RIGHT.

BOBAN IS GONE!!!!
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • embellisher, MFFL, Tyler
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: TRADE: Christian Wood (1yr/$14.3M) to DAL | #26+SB+Boban+Chriss+TB to HOU - by KillerLeft - 06-15-2022, 09:59 PM