Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(02-09-2023, 01:20 AM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: The Nets are just blowing it up. A wrecked franchise for the moment. Suddenly, with two of the best players in the East changing teams, the West is back on top. 

On the other hand, Durant is pretty old to command such a return. I don’t like it short term for the Nets, but it’s a winner long term.

Durant is a basketball savant, I don't care how old he is. You have a chance to acquire him, you do it.
Like Reply
When can we trade for DFS again?
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:05 AM)The Jom Wrote: When can we trade for DFS again?

Either 1 whole calendar year (or next season). One of the two. There's a rule about aggregating salaries that has to be abided, and also there's like a 30 day min rule before DFS can be traded again I'm pretty sure.

@FGump or @DanS
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • F Gump, KillerLeft
Like Reply
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_...every-deal
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:18 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Either 1 whole calendar year (or next season). One of the two. There's a rule about aggregating salaries that has to be abided, and also there's like a 30 day min rule before DFS can be traded again I'm pretty sure.

@FGump or @DanS

Mavs can trade for DFS after July 1.

DFS can be traded asap to elsewhere, if his salary is not aggregated to match a bigger salary.
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:29 AM)F Gump Wrote: Mavs can trade for DFS after July 1.

DFS can be traded asap to elsewhere, if his salary is not aggregated to match a bigger salary.

I see no reason why we shouldn't try to bring him back this summer then unless Kyrie walks. He's exactly what we need and is now redundant in Brooklyn.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 02:33 AM)Dundalis Wrote: Bridges or OG. Someway somehow get one. Please?

Crowder is fine if we are giving up scraps for him.

Completly agree.

I'm no a fan of Crowder, but for a cheap i would gladly take him here.

Wood + salary filler + 1 round pick is it enough for Bridges?

Pretty happy where we stand for now. With 1 or 2 wings added now, and draft capital coming in the summer i think that's the way we can build a contender team.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:53 AM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: Wood + salary filler + 1 round pick is it enough for Bridges?

Bridges value is similar to Anunoby one. BKN is not willing to move him anyway.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:53 AM)MAVS-SLO Wrote: Completly agree.

I'm no a fan of Crowder, but for a cheap i would gladly take him here.

Wood + salary filler + 1 round pick is it enough for Bridges?

Pretty happy where we stand for now. With 1 or 2 wings added now, and draft capital coming in the summer i think that's the way we can build a contender team.

I don't think you are getting Bridges or OG without giving up Green and a 1st minimum unfortunately. Of course I'd still do it.
Like Reply
I'm at the point I would rather just keep Green than trade him + all our other assets for a guy who is better now, but maybe not in a couple of years.
Like Reply
Clippers get Wood

Mavs get Plumlee and McDaniels 

Hornets get Covington, Boston and LAC SRP

OR

Lift protection on knicks pick

Mavs get McDaniels 

Hornets get Frank, 2025 2nd and cash
Like Reply
There is NOTHING like the NBA trade deadline and free agency.
[-] The following 6 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid, Jmaciscool, KillerLeft, MFFL, SleepingHero
Like Reply
James Wiseman and filler for McGee , Frank, & Morris and 2nd round pick.  Finish strong mavericks 

Let’s go mavs!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Guwop's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
dont think it will happen, but I would use all my remaining draft capital with swaps if this summer Bridges or Paul George ever hit the market.
Like Reply
Wood for Rose and our 23 back

Anyone up for that?
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
our 23 ain't very valuable since we're gonna finish at least top 4 in west with the superb addition of Kyrie. but getting 23 back would unlock some other picks of ours and make them available for further trades so i think it's a great idea. even though time ain't allowing us to do more than just a few minor deals to fix some of our weakest links before this window closes, we can look to make more amazing deals in summer with more assets at hand.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:55 AM)LukaMVP Wrote: our 23 ain't very valuable since we're gonna finish at least top 4 in west with the superb addition of Kyrie. but getting 23 back would unlock some other picks of ours and make them available for further trades so i think it's a great idea. even though time ain't allowing us to do more than just a few minor deals to fix some of our weakest links before this window closes, we can look to make more amazing deals in summer with more assets at hand.
Ya, my thought with the trade is it gets us 3 picks to trade at the draft. All of them would be unprotected. Kindof a lot of value.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 08:46 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Wood for Rose and our 23 back

Anyone up for that?

Only if we have another deal lined up for that pick. Also kind of doubt NY would have any interest in Wood
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/realgm/status/162368...50177?s=46&t=nX2SMlMTwGnEqkhJTlE5aw

Mavs still are into Thybulle. He's a really good defender and is a potential KD stopper.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
I suppose if you have Luka/Kyrie/Green/Wood out there, it's at least plausible you could add Thybulle and he wouldn't kill you on offense. And he's also likely one of the cheapest options because of those offensive "skills"
Like Reply