Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(02-09-2023, 01:33 AM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Damn, I wish had two firsts to spend on him.
All it should take is the 25 second that is already tied up with the 23 anyway.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/RKonkle_Mavs/status/...31042?s=20&t=fRY3xDaaJeGjgsTQhJwhQA

(02-09-2023, 01:28 AM)F Gump Wrote: It is true Kyrie can't "force" his way to LA via free agency, if he's so inclined, while still getting his max contract. If the Mavs want to keep him, and are willing to pay the max, it should close the door on him leaving.

But I'm sure there's an angle, ever so slight, where Kyrie wants LA with a max deal, and Mavs decide to cater to helping it happen. In that case, the pieces LA is getting for RW would be very helpful in assuring DAL wants to cooperate.

If it's something like D-Lo (snt), Hachimura (snt), Vanderbilt (snt), and 2029 1st unprotected, for Kyrie (snt) getting his max, is that satisfactory?

Mr. Gump we must move on!

Woj just dropped a nuke on the NBA right now.

We need to figure out a wing and have Wood+Hardy+1st. Who can we get??

(02-09-2023, 01:33 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: @"omahen" is right. Claxton/Oneale is the realistic idea.

Claxton is a DPOY candidate. Mavs should be so lucky.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 06:25 PM)cow Wrote: Speaking of that, I was going to ask Dan and @"F Gump" to paint a picture of what the Mavs can offer Kyrie versus the rest of the league/positioning against the CAP.  

Projected CAP is 134M
BBall-Ref has Lakers at 4 players under contract:  LBJ (53.3M), AD (40.6M), Damon Jones (2.5M PO), Christie (1.7M).  98M Total.  

So Lakers could offer him a 4 year deal starting at ~36M?  Some other team could offer him 4YR 210M.  Mavs can offer him 5YR 272M.  If he really wants to play in LA, he'd need a considerable haircut without a S&T.  Sound right?

Yes.

With no players except LBJ (46.9) and AD (40.6), and 10 charges for empty roster slots (at about 1.1M per), LAL limit is at about 35.5M or so in cap room - 4 years = 152.6

Other team limit would be 4 years 201.7M -- but they have to have 46.9M in cap room to make that offer. That's a massive number. Few will.

DAL can offer the 4 yr deal BKN offered and he wanted, which was a hair under 200M (limited by 120% of prior salary), or a 4 year max based on new cap which will be about 210.1M (they can offer bigger raises than other teams), or a 5 year max of 272M.

As with KP, despite all those who want to obsessively remind-remind-remind how this might not work out, I have to think the Mavs are in the driver's seat. It's merely a question of if they want him, and every indication says that's exactly why they did the deal.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • BigDirk41, MFFL
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BobbyMarks42/status/...09152?s=20&t=fRY3xDaaJeGjgsTQhJwhQA
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
We all want Claxton or Bridges, watch it be Crowder.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16235...60865?s=20
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:50 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: We all want Claxton or Bridges, watch it be Crowder.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/16235...60865?s=20

Crowder isn't a bad consolation.

I just want to know what it'd take for Bridges, if at all possible. I'd be more than willing to throw the farm. Perfect wing player for this team.

https://twitter.com/nbamemes/status/1623...88705?s=46&t=FoANSVpfagxkcfiPdkUVRA
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Wood for Curry+Crowder??
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • KillerLeft, MFFL, mvossman, Tyler
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:53 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Crowder isn't a bad consolation.

I just want to know what it'd take for Bridges, if at all possible. I'd be more than willing to throw the farm. Perfect wing player for this team.

https://twitter.com/nbamemes/status/1623...88705?s=46&t=FoANSVpfagxkcfiPdkUVRA

Can't believe I'm suggesting this, but would you take on Ben Simmons contract to get Claxton or Bridges? THJ, Wood, Powell works salary-wise for Simmons and Claxton. Hardy and/or '27 first could be thrown in. Claxton is only 23 and is the perfect modern center that could anchor our defense.
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:58 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Can't believe I'm suggesting this, but would you take on Ben Simmons contract to get Claxton or Bridges? THJ, Wood, Powell works salary-wise for Simmons and Claxton. Hardy and/or '27 first could be thrown in. Claxton is only 23 and is the perfect modern center that could anchor our defense.

That's tough. Simmons seems washed and a lost cause.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:58 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Can't believe I'm suggesting this, but would you take on Ben Simmons contract to get Claxton or Bridges? THJ, Wood, Powell works salary-wise for Simmons and Claxton. Hardy and/or '27 first could be thrown in. Claxton is only 23 and is the perfect modern center that could anchor our defense.

I'd say yes before they can even finish their sentence. 

THJ+Wood+Bertans for Bridges+Simmons is huge.

Send Ben home and let him rot, and go to work with:

Luka
Kyrie/Hardy
Green/Bullock
Bridges/Maxi
Powell/McGee
Like Reply
Claxton, ONeale, and Curry
for
Hardaway and McGee AND Unprotected 1st
?
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 02:09 AM)F Gump Wrote: Claxton, ONeale, and Curry
for
?

I think that's an incredible deal for the Mavs but I don't think the Nets budge.

I wonder what the Mavs can do if they can get into the OG sweepstakes.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1623579296441765888
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:57 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Wood for Curry+Crowder??

Sold

Sold

for
?

Sold

(02-09-2023, 02:09 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I think that's an incredible deal for the Mavs but I don't think the Nets budge.

I wonder what the Mavs can do if they can get into the OG sweepstakes.

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1623579296441765888

Sold
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • The Jom
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:50 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: We all want Claxton or Bridges, watch it be Crowder.

I don't think Mavs have the contracts or asset for Crowder trade unless it would be a three team one. He is not nearly worth an unprotected pick. I would guess that Milwaukee will get him for the package they discussed with Phoenix

(02-09-2023, 01:57 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Wood for Curry+Crowder??

Crowder can't be aggregated with another player this TDL

for
?

I am affraid Nets would ask for more than one pick. I would still consider doing it
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 02:23 AM)omahen Wrote: Crowder can't be aggregated with another player this TDL

Sure he can -- as long as the Durant deal expanded to a 3rd team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Tyler's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 02:24 AM)Tyler Wrote: Sure he can -- as long as the Durant deal expanded to a 3rd team.

That is true.
Like Reply
Bridges or OG. Someway somehow get one. Please?

Crowder is fine if we are giving up scraps for him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • MAVS-SLO
Like Reply
I am really interested what Mavs will do. Unprotected FRP is something you don't usually give up in a non star trade, but Mavs won't have a much better package to offer in the summer anyway. How patient can they afford to be?
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:09 AM)BigDirk41 Wrote: Wow didn't see that coming!

Does this make Phoenix more or less likely to trade Ayton now?

No way they're trading Ayton now. Ayton, KD, Booker, and CP. They have to move up as potentially one of the favorites in the West now. Damn....
Like Reply
I sure hope they are not Smile Same as Pelicans

Keith Smith on Twitter: "Grizzlies, you up?" / Twitter
Like Reply