Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
The Sun's still have some talent for the bench looking at the roster. That's a scary team assuming they stay healthy.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:19 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...7733794819

If the Suns get Durant, they will prob overtake the Nuggets by the time the playoffs come around.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:20 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: And they're worth a pretty penny. 

Bridges
Johnson
DFS

alone should all fetch a first each.

Not to throw shade on Dorian, but those first two are worth more.  I would happily send out our unprotected 27 for either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
Man goes to sleep for a couple of hours and all that happens. 

I am kind of pissed Mavs couldn't get on the Utah deal. The return they got seems low. 

Toronto a buyer, what a strange deal. Is any of their wings still on the market?

Phoenix traded their future for a max 2 year window

Trade all we got for Nic Claxton and O'Neal?
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:23 AM)mvossman Wrote: Not to throw shade on Dorian, but those first two are worth more.  I would happily send out our unprotected 27 for either.

Fair.

Would you send out Hardy for either of the first two along with our pick?

(02-09-2023, 01:24 AM)omahen Wrote: Trade all we got for Nic Claxton and O'Neal?

I totally forgot about Claxton
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:24 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Fair.

I would for Bridges as much as I hate to lose Hardy. I would not for Johnson.
Like Reply
I will be annoyed if we don't make any more trades. KD going to the Suns makes it even more critical to get that defensive wing.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Dundalis's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:24 AM)omahen Wrote: Trade all we got for Nic Claxton and O'Neal?

YES. PLEASE.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:16 AM)mvossman Wrote: Not just wings, but big wings.  They have 4 starter quality big wings.

They are going to strip that thing for parts.  I guess Cam Thomas is gonna keep scoring 40.
Like Reply

Wood, Hardy, 27 first for Claxton and O'Neal.
[-] The following 4 users Like sterlingmallory's post:
  • BigDirk41, KillerLeft, mvossman, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:24 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Fair.

I totally forgot about Claxton

Fair question.  I think I might actually send the pick and Hardy any one of those three guys.
Like Reply
Give me Bridges or give me death.

And I don't mean Miles.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 06:14 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Absolutely fair. 

Although the Lakers still don't have enough space even if they renounce everyone to get Kyrie his max. They're about 15 mil short. That's with AD+Lebron+Reaves on the squad. 

What are the odds the Mavs say "Ok, if you want to take a near $100 mil discount to go play with Lebron+AD+ and minimums go ahead."

It is true Kyrie can't "force" his way to LA via free agency, if he's so inclined, while still getting his max contract. If the Mavs want to keep him, and are willing to pay the max, it should close the door on him leaving.

But I'm sure there's an angle, ever so slight, where Kyrie wants LA with a max deal, and Mavs decide to cater to helping it happen. In that case, the pieces LA is getting for RW would be very helpful in assuring DAL wants to cooperate.

If it's something like D-Lo (snt), Hachimura (snt), Vanderbilt (snt), and 2029 1st unprotected, for Kyrie (snt) getting his max, is that satisfactory?
Like Reply
CLAXTON is the guy, my bros. 

Please, please please
Like Reply
What is the absolute best deal we can package to the Nets for Claxton or Bridges?
Like Reply
Woj saying the Nets covet Bridges. Sounds like unlikely to move him.
[-] The following 1 user Likes LifeAquatic's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
How about Claxton then
Like Reply
@"omahen" is right. Claxton/Oneale is the realistic idea.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:31 AM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Woj saying the Nets covet Bridges. Sounds like unlikely to move him.

Of course they covet him. He isn't a superstar, but he's pretty much the total package for a good-sized wing, and a monster on D.

Damn, I wish had two firsts to spend on him. He'd be the perfect big wing with Luka and Kyrie.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:31 AM)LifeAquatic Wrote: Woj saying the Nets covet Bridges. Sounds like unlikely to move him.

As they should. Perfect player for either a contender or rebuilder.
Like Reply