Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(02-09-2023, 01:06 AM)omahen Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "BREAKING: The Phoenix Suns are nearing a blockbuster trade to acquire Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant, sources tell ESPN. Durant wanted move to Suns, and new owner Mat Ishbia pushing to get deal done tonight." / Twitter

Wow. Hope they have to sell the farm.
Like Reply
[Image: 100.gif?cid=ecf05e47zaadn51zk5kligmpy0gs...0.gif&ct=g]
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...9037614082
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:06 AM)omahen Wrote: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter: "BREAKING: The Phoenix Suns are nearing a blockbuster trade to acquire Brooklyn Nets star Kevin Durant, sources tell ESPN. Durant wanted move to Suns, and new owner Mat Ishbia pushing to get deal done tonight." / Twitter

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Wow didn't see that coming!

Does this make Phoenix more or less likely to trade Ayton now?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1623564676066934785
Like Reply
WHAT 

FUCK WHY HAS THE WEST GOTTEN THIS HARD?????????
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
That's a steep price. Does Crowder play for them now? Could get his starting spot back.
Like Reply
so do they just keep Crowder now?
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:10 AM)Jym Wrote: so do they just keep Crowder now?

I mean how many guys do they need on the wing?? Is there ANY way we can get DFS back??
  • mvossman
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:10 AM)Jym Wrote: so do they just keep Crowder now?

Looks like he's part of it too
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:12 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean how many guys do they need on the wing?? Is there ANY way we can get DFS back??

Wood and the 27 first rounder for DFS. Who says no?
[-] The following 1 user Likes sterlingmallory's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:14 AM)sterlingmallory Wrote: Wood and the 27 first rounder for DFS. Who says no?

Since we can't get DFS cause of rules, what about that package for Bridges??
  • mvossman
Like Reply
If the Nets are blowing it up, I want in on Bridges.
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • mvossman, rocky164, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:12 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: I mean how many guys do they need on the wing?? Is there ANY way we can get DFS back??

Not just wings, but big wings.  They have 4 starter quality big wings.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:05 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: you don't feel like they already have that guy in Ntilikina? I mean, I get that Thybulle is a little better and more versatile...

I think they need a legit 9th man for their rotation, as things stand. BEFORE moving two players.

Not really. The extra versatility to guard more positions is actually a VERY important distinction IMO. It's too easy for offenses to simply switch whenever they want, making a guy no matter how good defensively less useful when their elite level defense only extends to one or two positions. If you are gonna be useless on offense, you want full impact on defense during limited minutes, and I think Thybulle not only being a better defender, but capable of playing that defense vs bigger players is a lot more valuable.

Obviously with that trade your core in the playoffs is:

Kyrie
Luka
Harris
Kleber
Powell
Green
Bullock

Then you will be forced into giving minutes to the likes of Hardy, Bertans, Thybulle, Ntilikina etc. Def not ideal, but the thing is it isn't ideal as it is either.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/bobbykaralla/status/...7733794819
Like Reply
The Nets are just blowing it up. A wrecked franchise for the moment. Suddenly, with two of the best players in the East changing teams, the West is back on top. 

On the other hand, Durant is pretty old to command such a return. I don’t like it short term for the Nets, but it’s a winner long term.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ThisIStheYear's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 01:16 AM)mvossman Wrote: Not just wings, but big wings.  They have 4 starter quality big wings.

And they're worth a pretty penny. 

Bridges
Johnson
DFS

alone should all fetch a first each.
Like Reply
(02-08-2023, 06:14 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: With all the talk about next season and possible decisions in the summer. There is one thing that will impact all of it and so far we have no clue how things will play out. The new CBA. It looks like the majority of owners is pushing really hard for stricter cap regulations. Maybe even a hardcap. At least a reworked luxury tax system.

I think a lot of teams are waiting for clarity before they make decisions about contract extensions or trades that would add a lot of salary.

The hard cap is already off the table. And I think the owners are resigned to working in the dark, since they have just extended the opt-out deadline another 7 weeks, while also giving permission to the negotiating team to extend it again as needed, to as long as June 30.
Like Reply