Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(02-05-2023, 08:47 PM)cow Wrote: Don't think we can scrape enough together by the TDL for either, sadly.

They couldn't get remotely close to making a competitive offer for either. And yes, it is sad. I would've been so excited for a Siakim deal.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:46 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: As you probably know, Maxi can't be traded this season.

I think you are sleeping on another possibility.  The front court could be:

Center   Wood-Powell
Wood    Maxi
Green    THJ
Irving    Reggie
Luka      Irving-Luka

With Luka, Irving and Reggie eating up the remaining backcourt minutes.  Powell could also get squeezed here with Wood getting 24 minutes at PF and 12 or so at center.  It brings players like Turner, Poeltl, Gafford, Olynyk, Hartenstein, Reid and Achiuwa into the conversation.  Some of those are low dollar guys who could be had with a small outgoing salary and a pick(s).  Maybe it is McGee, or Frank (or even expiring Morris can bring back a $3.7mm player).  Remember too, the deal isn't final with the league yet, so there is still a bit of trade matching space (about $2.0mm) left that can still be used if the deal were expanded.  

As a for-instance, McGee isn't typically a match for Poeltl by himself.  But if you redirect Morris to SA and send McGee also (obviously with draft capital), then Poeltl for McGee fits within the Irving deal.  Our outgoing is $38mm and the incoming for Irving and Poeltl is $46.3mm.  Yeah, but they'll just play Poeltl off the floor.  They are going to do that to Wood and Powell too.  At least by adding a defensive center (who consistently adds to winning), you've given yourself a better chance against the Jokic's and Embiid's of the league.  Not saying it will happen, but I think it is just as logical as the PJ's and Vanderbilt's of the world.

Yes, what I meant was we need a starting forward, and keep Maxi as a backup.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They couldn't get remotely close to making a competitive offer for either. And yes, it is sad. I would've been so excited for a Siakim deal.

Siakim is probably more realistic than OG.  Bullock to the Knicks to remove '23 protections gets you two firsts.  They'll want Josh in the deal.  Maybe that gets the conversation going.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:51 PM)cow Wrote: Siakim is probably more realistic than OG.  Bullock to the Knicks to remove '23 protections gets you two firsts.  They'll want Josh in the deal.  Maybe that gets the conversation going.

And with a trio of Luka, Kyrie, and Pascal, you have a championship core.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:54 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: And with a trio of Luka, Kyrie, and Pascal, you have a championship core.

"And with a trio of KD, Kyrie, and Harden/Simmons you have a championship core."
[-] The following 3 users Like Kammrath's post:
  • Branduil, Ghost of Podkolzin, KillerLeft
Like Reply
Extend Wood.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:57 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Extend Wood.

He's not surviving the TDL.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:55 PM)Kammrath Wrote: "And with a trio of KD, Kyrie, and Harden/Simmons you have a championship core."

Point taken, but Luka is far better than Harden/Simmons; Pascal is a defensive big.  I thought it wouldn't work for the Nets because their big 3 were so similar.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:49 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: They couldn't get remotely close to making a competitive offer for either. And yes, it is sad. I would've been so excited for a Siakim deal.

Yeah I really had my heart set on that 
I'm not even sure what the proper plan is now

Bogdanovic is best available player but that's a horrible fit with Wood around
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:00 PM)Jym Wrote: Yeah I really had my heart set on that 
I'm not even sure what the proper plan is now

Bogdanovic is best available player but that's a horrible fit with Wood around

If the Mavs wanted to send out Wood in the Kyrie trade, I don't think he is long for our world.  

Mavs can get to 3x FRPs this summer.  Patience has never been their forte though.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 08:58 PM)cow Wrote: He's not surviving the TDL.

These sick bastards carving out room for Dwight’s 4/44?
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 2 users Like IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Hypermav, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:03 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: These sick bastards carving out room for Dwight’s 4/44?

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
After the Kyrie move I think holding on to Wood makes a lot more sense unless you are getting a starting center back. Even if Irving is a model citizen and fits in perfectly on the court, they can't afford another playoff run with Maxi/Powell as the only bigs.
Like Reply
Mavs need inside scoring, shotblocking, 3 point shooting, passing from at least one of their bigs.
Wood does all that.

Can't leave the front court with only --- none-rebounding DP, injured-Maxi, unplayable Joel and Morris.

So, who's this big who's better than Wood coming in?
[-] The following 1 user Likes Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo's post:
  • loki
Like Reply
BTW, the 29 unprotected FRP wasn’t enough! We had to give our 2 available SRPs too! That is lost in this.

We can’t make any trades going forward cause we can’t tip a SRP to any team!
[-] The following 3 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • F Gump, Kammrath, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:13 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: BTW, the 29 unprotected FRP wasn’t enough! We had to give our 2 available SRPs too! That is lost in this.

Someone photoshop Cuban's head on a Pez dispenser with the candies labeled SRP.
[-] The following 4 users Like cow's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, loki, Not an evil robot
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:15 PM)cow Wrote: Someone photoshop Cuban's head on a Pez dispenser with the candies labeled SRP.
If I don’t laugh I’d cry!
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:13 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: BTW, the 29 unprotected FRP wasn’t enough! We had to give our 2 available SRPs too! That is lost in this.

We can’t make any trades going forward cause we can’t tip a SRP to any team!

Well.
Nico is just too generous.
Imagine paying a second when you're already receiving Bertans.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:18 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Well.

People made fun of me for pointing this out last year.  Where is the comeuppance?!?!?!
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 09:18 PM)Razzmatazz_Hopskidillydoo Wrote: Well.
That was my first post after seeing the trade. It’s why it is impossible to make any other trade. If we can’t give our usual tip of a second, noone will take our trade.
Like Reply