Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(02-05-2023, 04:56 PM)burekemde Wrote: Luka enjoys playing with Wood. This is as clear as anything. If the team cant see this, we are in major problems. Wood is most likely kept and extended. He and Kyrie are clear fits along Luka.

THJ is playing outside of the boundaries of team basketball. Zero chances he stays IMO. Needs to leave this team. It would be great to get another shooter, but one with more bbIQ and decision making and less selfish.

The problem is that THJ has no value, so they're not going to get anything of value back for him.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 04:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: On the other hand, going from the NBA's best culture, complete with "immaculate vibes" to the very, very worst culture in just shy of a calendar year is an interesting phenomenon. Seeing how that plays out might have interesting benefits when it comes to collating scientific data for posterity. Might as well get weird with it at this point.

As much as I hate THJ, he's more valuable now than ever from a culture standpoint.  Geez.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 04:53 PM)cow Wrote: I was thinking Wood and '27 for something.  I don't think you can invest in the instability of Wood/Kyrie.

How is Wood unstable?
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:00 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: How is Wood unstable?

Seven years, seven teams.
  • RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 04:57 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: For better or worse, I think it is safe to say Nico and Kidd are here until Luka leaves or extends.

I think Nico and Kidd had to guarantee they can handle Kyrie. I can totally see Luka having no problems with on-court. But those two had to guarantee the off-court to be under control
Like Reply
Actually, in the parallel universe in which Nico can actually negotiate,

Bertans + 25 for Boji
THJ + McGee + Hardy for Collins
Wood + Bullock + 27 for Norman Powell and Zubac

Luka-Frank
Kyrie-Green
Boji-Powell
Collins-Maxi-Morris
Zubac-Powell
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:03 PM)omahen Wrote: I think Nico and Kidd had to guarantee they can handle Kyrie. I can totally see Luka having no problems with on-court. But those two had to guarantee the off-court to be under control

[Image: good-luck-morgan-freeman.gif]
[-] The following 3 users Like cow's post:
  • DrMav, KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:04 PM)cow Wrote: [Image: good-luck-morgan-freeman.gif]

I didn't say I think they will succeed Smile But I think they are gone with Kyrie once the drama begins
Like Reply
Your Dallas Mavericks have not one but TWO NBA all star STARTERS. When have we ever even got close to that? Let’s go

Yes we gave up too much. Yes Mark is going to meddle till it’s all ruined. It could all blow up. But let’s go win this wide open West. It’s going to be fun y’all. This team was being so boring to watch
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 04:58 PM)Kidnova Wrote: The problem is that THJ has no value, so they're not going to get anything of value back for him.

Completely disagree.  To say he has no value, he'd have to be the worst contract in the league.  He's not.  We can get value for THJ by taking back value and an even worse contract.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:06 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: This team was being so boring to watch

Nah, you want to see boring? 

Wait until you're watching the 2028-29 Mavericks, without Luka, winning 10 games so that Brooklyn has a shot at that year's version of Wemby. 

It's not like they'll have a championship to show for the time between then and now. That should be painfully obvious.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Branduil
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:06 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Your Dallas Mavericks have not one but TWO NBA all star STARTERS. When have we ever even got close to that? Let’s go

Yes we gave up too much. Yes Mark is going to meddle till it’s all ruined. It could all blow up. But let’s go win this wide open West. It’s going to be fun y’all. This team was being so boring to watch

I don't understand this apparent board consensus that they gave up too much.  They gave up a couple of replacement-level players for an all-star level* player.  Who cares about the 2029 first rounder?  

*Yes, I realize Kyrie comes with a ton of baggage and risk, but they needed to take a shot, these types of players aren't traded unless they come with some type of baggage.
[-] The following 4 users Like Kidnova's post:
  • DallasMaverick, Ghost of Podkolzin, MFFL, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 04:59 PM)cow Wrote: As much as I hate THJ, he's more valuable now than ever from a culture standpoint.  Geez.
Yes, i see Hardaway as more valuable now since he won’t ever be asked to dribble again. We should utilize him and dump him in the offseason for a better player once his value goes up

If we send out the pick i’d rather include Bertans now
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:10 PM)Kidnova Wrote: Who cares about the 2029 first rounder?  

Certainly not Luka, who won't be here when it conveys.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Branduil
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:08 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Nah, you want to see boring? 

Wait until you're watching the 2028-29 Mavericks, without Luka, winning 10 games so that Brooklyn has a shot at that year's version of Wemby. 

It's not like they'll have a championship to show for the time between then and now. That should be painfully obvious.

Instant gratification at all costs.
[-] The following 2 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • KillerLeft, RoyTarpleysGhost
Like Reply
People are forgetting how low Collins' value is. Go get 'im.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:12 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Yes, i see Hardaway as more valuable now since he won’t ever be asked to dribble again. We should utilize him and dump him in the offseason for a better player once his value goes up

If we send out the pick i’d rather include Bertans now

Agreed on Timmy.  Disagree on Bertans.  Sending him out uses up some of the value of the pick you are sending out.
Like Reply
I love you guys, but the severe negativity on what should be a really exciting day of new possibilities is kinda wild. 

Dallas now has inarguably the best backcourt in the league, and there's a very good chance they're not done dealing. Enjoy the moment!
[-] The following 7 users Like Tyler's post:
  • burekemde, DallasMaverick, Ghost of Podkolzin, Kidnova, MFFL, rocky164, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:12 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: Certainly not Luka, who won't be here when it conveys.

Yes, if this trade goes down in flames then there's a very high chance Luka doesn't finish his career as a Mav.  The Mavs know that, and they also know they needed to make a big move to try and put this thing back on track.  If it succeeds then this board will forget all about Dimwiddie and DFS.  If it fails, well it's back to the usual countdown for Cuban to sell the team.
Like Reply
(02-05-2023, 05:13 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: People are forgetting how low Collins' value is. Go get 'im.

The problem is who we have negotiating for us.
  • Mavs2021
Like Reply