Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(02-01-2023, 07:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Not at all IMO.

DFS is maxed out in value next to Luka for the Mavs. But Ainge could get him in Hardy's system and showcase him. DFS will never have the ability to be showcased in DAL like he would in UTA. Ainge can work to specifically showcase players (as he has done this year).

I'm probably one of Dorian's biggest fans on here, but I don't think he is the kind of player to "showcase" offensively.  His best trait offensively by far is hitting open 3s.  I don't know that there is anyone better than Luka at creating open 3s.  I think his value is maxed out because of Luka.  He is a great fit here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes mvossman's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1621171737902841860
Like Reply
The worst part of that podcast update was learning that the Knicks don’t want Bullock that much.

Bullock 2 SRPS for Reddish/Sims is a fun fantasy that just kind of died.
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 01:21 AM)F Gump Wrote: In this case, I don't think so -- the situation tells us it's keeping the door open to be able to trade him before the TDL if the right deal presents itself.

If they still have him after the TDL and don't do an extension shortly thereafter, then let the dogpile begin.

The problem is Wood doesn't have to sign after the tdl. He has all the leverage at that point. It's just Brunson all over again. He either needs to be signed or traded by the TDL.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BigDirk41's post:
  • omahen
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 11:10 AM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: The worst part of that podcast update was learning that the Knicks don’t want Bullock that much.

Bullock 2 SRPS for Reddish/Sims is a fun fantasy that just kind of died.

While many here thought the Mavs could get Quigley for Bullock..lol.
[-] The following 2 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • ItsGoTime, omahen
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 11:04 AM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1621171737902841860

I don't get it.  In 4 seasons he has not demonstrated any NBA skill that he is particularly good at.  I guess its good they are looking at youth, but I'm skeptical Reddish will ever be a rotation player.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/msjnba/status/162117...16065?s=46&t=-H_xgdZx8RnuO6PLr1WAfw
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 11:24 AM)mvossman Wrote: I don't get it.  In 4 seasons he has not demonstrated any NBA skill that he is particularly good at.  I guess its good they are looking at youth, but I'm skeptical Reddish will ever be a rotation player.

Athletic guys with his measurments will always intrigue teams. On paper he is the versatile defender with 3-point range that all teams are searching for. Share your concerns but as you implied if I have to choose between another past his prime vet and a gamble on a younger guy it´s an easy decision.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • ItsGoTime, KillerLeft, mvossman
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 11:53 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: https://twitter.com/msjnba/status/162117...16065?s=46&t=-H_xgdZx8RnuO6PLr1WAfw
Now it all depends on the return.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • mvossman
Like Reply
We can just hope he goes to NY. Because if any of those two get him next to their current core players (Memphis - Ja, JJJ, Bane, Brooks; NO - Ingram, Zion, McCullom), Mavs can forget about contending.

NBACentral on Twitter: "Chris Haynes: “Memphis doesn’t want New Orleans to get O.G and New Orleans doesn’t want Memphis to get O.G” Bidding war ? (Via This League Uncut) https://t.co/kUiG46O65p" / Twitter
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 11:57 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Now it all depends on the return.

Baseline is a late first + expiring contracts.
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 11:53 AM)Okstate819 Wrote: https://twitter.com/msjnba/status/162117...16065?s=46&t=-H_xgdZx8RnuO6PLr1WAfw

Three way with Brooklyn…

Wood to Brooklyn (they have two firsts in 23).

Curry and Dallas second to NY (expiring and keeps them under the LT)

Mills and Reddish and Brooklyn first to Dallas
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 12:08 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Three way with Brooklyn…

This is kind of intriguing.  Curry doesn't strike me as much of a Thibs guy though.
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 12:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Baseline is a late first + expiring contracts.
I feel it’s bad if we get what we gave for him. Unless we are embracing the tank (I very seriously don’t believe that will happen), I’d also think it’s better to get a useful player back for him, not just some expiring.
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 12:08 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Baseline is a late first + expiring contracts.

I don't understand getting rid of him for that. He's more important to us than garbage and a late first.
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 12:40 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I don't understand getting rid of him for that. He's more important to us than garbage and a late first.

A late first is also more valuable than absolutely nothing which is what we end up with if he doesn't sign an extension.
[-] The following 1 user Likes StrandedOnBeauboisHill's post:
  • dirkfansince1998
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 12:40 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: I don't understand getting rid of him for that. He's more important to us than garbage and a late first.

If they don´t intend to pay him it is the minimum they have to get in return. Otherwise we are once again speaking about burned assets.
Like Reply
Would love to see Mavs dump all their trash contracts on the Lakers in exchange for Russ. Tim, JaVale, Davis + Wood is a match.
Pessimism doesn’t make you smart, just pessimistic.
[-] The following 1 user Likes The Jom's post:
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 12:08 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Three way with Brooklyn…

One problem I see is, that majority of buyers are from West, all Mavs competitors for playoffs. My pipedream trades would be:

1. Toronto for OG: Wood, Hardy (I am affraid it would have to be Green) and two firsts. Leaves another pick to trade in the summer. 
2. GSW for a combination of Wiseman and another youngster (Kuminga or Moody)
3. Bullock and SRP to Sacramento; Wood, Mitchell, Hardy and a pick to Toronto; OG and Holmes to Dallas

Trade THJ for LeVert, which could give Mavs MLE in the summer
Like Reply
(02-02-2023, 12:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: If they don´t intend to pay him it is the minimum they have to get in return. Otherwise we are once again speaking about burned assets.

I understand and agree with that if he absolutely isn't going to resign. What I have a problem with is that the Mavs are probably low balling him or only offering 1-2 years. I agree that they can't lose the asset for nothing. My worry is that as usual, they have probably made this situation worse on their own.
[-] The following 3 users Like BigDirk41's post:
  • dirkfansince1998, ItsGoTime, omahen
Like Reply