Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(01-24-2023, 08:48 PM)F Gump Wrote: I think MIL's thinking is to find a taker who will send nothing back. This seems like a cost-saving move (MIL is way over the tax line) that may even turn into a buyout -- and Ntilikina would actually cost them more in salary and tax than Ibaka.

And it kind of feels like we can rule Dallas out of any buyout shopping for similar reasons, yeah?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3058426881
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin
Like Reply
(01-24-2023, 09:51 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3058426881

That makes sense.  Upgrade to PJ Tucker's role.
Like Reply
https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...onio-spurs
Like Reply
(01-24-2023, 10:54 PM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...onio-spurs

Meh 
Doesn't fix the freethrows or the defense
Like Reply
J Kidd + a 1st to Shanghai Sharks for a bag of Doritos
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
7 games to trade deadline.  Serious question, if they go 2-5 in those 7 games, what is more likely?  A panic trade or being sellers at deadline?
Like Reply
Considered darkhorse to land Poetl? (checks source)

SI.com

Poetl is not coming here.
Like Reply
(01-24-2023, 11:15 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Serious question, if they go 2-5 in those 7 games, what is more likely?  A panic trade or being sellers at deadline?

Easy if thinking like a good GM:

Be sellers.

Most likely result with the IIC:

Panic trade.
Like Reply
(01-24-2023, 11:15 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: 7 games to trade deadline.  Serious question, if they go 2-5 in those 7 games, what is more likely?  A panic trade or being sellers at deadline?

You failed to consider option 3.

WE LOVE OUR BOYS IN BLUE
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
(01-24-2023, 10:54 PM)Tunesquad23 Wrote: https://www.si.com/nba/mavericks/news/da...onio-spurs

I don't see his fitting in here, at all.
Like Reply
They will stand pat at the trade deadline. Probably use the Kleber injury as an excuse that everything will be fine once he comes back
Like Reply
(01-24-2023, 11:26 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: They will stand pat at the trade deadline. Probably use the Kleber injury as an excuse that everything will be fine once he comes back

While I hope thats not the case, the fact is our options will be much greater for an impact trade in the off season than it is now.

They cannot under any circumstances let Wood leave for nothing though. They do that, I'd facilitate a Luka trade out of here myself if I somehow had the power too.
Like Reply
Let's get some Dinwiddie trades cookin fellas
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
Green needs to start over one of the scrubs(Dinwiddie, THJ). Someone (maybe the coach) needs to tell the team (including Luka) to quit being cry babies about the refs, it’s only making things worse. 

Keep Luka, Green, Hardy, DFS, Maxi

Trade any combination of the remaining players. Obviously we can’t trade everyone, so some combination of Wood, Powell, Dinwiddie would need to be back out of necessity to build a competitive team for next year

THJ, Bertans, Mcgee, Bullock all need to go without assets being given up

Theo is obviously not a glue guy or leader that helps with winning so this is his last year. Frank is worthless. 

Need something like 5 guys off this team. Can’t add anyone who doesn’t play defense. The numbers don’t lie. Top 5 offense, bottom 5 defense
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • Nowitzki Way
Like Reply
We need someone like Draymond Green
Like Reply
Defenders we could get for a combination of THJ/Bullock/McGee/2nd round picks:

- Thybulle (PHI), Noel/Diallo (DET), Gafford (WAS), Hartenstein/Reddish (NYK), McDaniels (CHA), Green (CHI), Harris (ORL), Boucher (TOR), Beverley (LAL), Covington (LAC).

Just gotta hope Luka turns their offense to at least neutral, because they are bad in that aspect.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
(01-25-2023, 01:08 AM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Let's get some Dinwiddie trades cookin fellas

This is 100 % the guy the Mavs should trade. I am not seeing a different development right now, that he will ever work alongside Luka. Or that he is part of the future with a contract extension. And if the plan is to keep Wood, Spencer is even more useless. Getting rid of Wood, because he isn't making Luka + SD work, is a big mistake.
50 % of the NBA season done. Which playoff team has a worse defensive perimeter duo in basketball than Luka and Spencer?

Dinwiddie/Bullock/McGee for Quickley/Reddish/Fournier/Hartenstein

IDK if they would do that with Fournier included. But you get 3 younger faces where 1 might at least be valuable for the future. Without giving up a pick. Fournier might work out better next to Luka too.

I am ready for some new faces. Fournier contract doesn't even look as bad with the team option. And you have a huge expiring. His contract = Spencer's contract.
Like Reply
I am not sure if a big move will present itself.  And to be honest, this front office gives me no hope that they won't be royally fleeced if they did make a big move.  

So, I would like this front office to have an honest take of where they are.  Sure, it would suck to be in the playin game or miss the playin tournament after last years run and one of the best players in the league on your roster, but the mistakes were made already.  No need to compound these mistakes.

I would like to see a move (maybe 2) where a year from now we think we made a good decision.   Probably nothing huge but just a smart move (or two).   Hopefully they are for younger players and not guys in their mid 30's.

(01-25-2023, 07:50 AM)sefant Wrote: This is 100 % the guy the Mavs should trade. I am not seeing a different development right now, that he will ever work alongside Luka. Or that he is part of the future with a contract extension. And if the plan is to keep Wood, Spencer is even more useless. Getting rid of Wood, because he isn't making Luka + SD work, is a big mistake.
50 % of the NBA season done. Which playoff team has a worse defensive perimeter duo in basketball than Luka and Spencer?

Dinwiddie/Bullock/McGee for Quickley/Reddish/Fournier/Hartenstein

IDK if they would do that with Fournier included. But you get 3 younger faces where 1 might at least be valuable for the future. Without giving up a pick. Fournier might work out better next to Luka too.

I am ready for some new faces. Fournier contract doesn't even look as bad with the team option. And you have a huge expiring. His contract = Spencer's contract.

I made a comment in the game thread that I would know a lot about this front office to learn what they really think about Dinwiddie.    He is a good player.   He just doesn't move the needle for me.  Do they think he is part of the core?  Do they want to resign him in a year?  Do they view him as a starter?   Do they think he is eventually a heavy scoring guard off the bench?

My fear is they thought he would be an upgrade over Brunson and still think he is one of the guys they want to build around.   If that is the case, this thing is not going to get better.
Like Reply
Powell for Holmes and 1 or both of the SRPs of ours that the Kings hold.

SD/THJ/Bertans for Westbrook/Reaves
Like Reply