Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...1389812737
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...1324066818
Like Reply
(07-11-2022, 08:37 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...1324066818

So is Kyle Lowry cooked or was it just an injury plagued season?  I have always been a fan of his but his play last year, outside a few stretches, was really rough.  

He has two years left on his deal.  If they got Sexton, then Lowry is either dumped in that trade or Miami may just try to get off of him.

With his play last year, he is a negative asset.  Is it as negative where Bertrans
Powell return value?
I tend to not have interest on guys MiAmi would wans to move.  I may be more willing to gamble on him if he had one year left.  Probably not now.
Like Reply
(07-11-2022, 08:51 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: So is Kyle Lowry cooked or was it just an injury plagued season?  I have always been a fan of his but his play last year, outside a few stretches, was really rough.  

He has two years left on his deal.  If they got Sexton, then Lowry is either dumped in that trade or Miami may just try to get off of him.

With his play last year, he is a negative asset.  Is it as negative where Bertrans
Powell return value?
I tend to not have interest on guys MiAmi would wans to move.  I may be more willing to gamble on him if he had one year left.  Probably not now.

If all Lowry took was Powell and Bertans then I'd personally drive them to the airport and fly them to Miami. 

Even if cooked, Lowry can still play 20mpg, and be incredibly valuable in those 20mpg. 

Hard to imagine we could get him that cheap.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, MFFL
Like Reply
(07-11-2022, 08:55 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: If all Lowry took was Powell and Bertans then I'd personally drive them to the airport and fly them to Miami. 

Even if cooked, Lowry can still play 20mpg, and be incredibly valuable in those 20mpg. 

Hard to imagine we could get him that cheap.

I'd walk from Colorado to Miami and give Lowry a piggy back ride all the way to Dallas.
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, MFFL
Like Reply
(07-11-2022, 08:56 PM)cow Wrote: I'd walk from Colorado to Miami and give Lowry a piggy back ride all the way to Dallas.

Oh damn I’m not the only Colorado based mavs fan here?
Like Reply
Just got back to TX from vacation in Winter Park. Too fookin hot.

[Image: giphy.gif]
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(07-11-2022, 08:56 PM)cow Wrote: I'd walk from Colorado to Miami and give Lowry a piggy back ride all the way to Dallas.
PIGGY back ride?
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • BoredAssistant
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/NoTrade_Clause/statu...7678425088
Like Reply
(07-11-2022, 09:34 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: PIGGY back ride?

[Image: 36fc0db320a02044798b2eacd19c257f.jpg]
[-] The following 2 users Like cow's post:
  • AgGiE1991, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/esidery/status/1546682249843683328
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3758846976
Like Reply
So what could be the reasons for the hold up for the Brunson sign announcement as official?  Are both teams waiting for one of the bigger trades to go through?  For instance, they say lets wait a week and see if anything breaks through where more things move?  Are the Knicks giving Dallas a week or so to see if they can find any value in a TPE?  Are the Knicks exploring deals that might be beneficial to them?   Or do the Knicks want Jalen to be in person?
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 11:09 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3758846976

AKA: “The Warriors are not interested in trading for Kevin Durant.”
[-] The following 3 users Like KillerLeft's post:
  • Jmaciscool, khaled1987, Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 11:20 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: So what could be the reasons for the hold up for the Brunson sign announcement as official?  Are both teams waiting for one of the bigger trades to go through?  For instance, they say lets wait a week and see if anything breaks through where more things move?  Are the Knicks giving Dallas a week or so to see if they can find any value in a TPE?  Are the Knicks exploring deals that might be beneficial to them?   Or do the Knicks want Jalen to be in person?

I think @"DanSchwartzgan" thoughts on it make sense....

Quote:Neither Brunson nor Hartenstein were completed today.  NY hasn’t finalized Robinson either.  To your point, the stuff that was taken off the table is just the three way stuff with Detroit.  NY is keeping this open for some reason.  Dallas doesn’t control the timing, nor do we have to be part of the reason it is still open.

Starting with the NY perspective…NY should have TPE’s from the Kemba deal and the Noel/Burks deal.  But, the trade match where Noel/Burks can match Brunson or go to a 4th team (or Dallas) is off the table.  They can operate under the cap without any help.  They can operate over the cap, but the trade match for Brunson has to be something else now.  I don’t think Dallas wants Fournier or Randle.  They could go to a third team, but Dallas would get the incoming player from the third team, not NY (as they got Brunson in the deal).  They could bring in a player into the large TPE and turn around and trade that player to Dallas for Brunson.  Seems like a lot of trouble unless Dallas is paying up for this, or the third team dumping said player is a requirement in a larger deal where NY uses Fournier and/or Randle in a trade match for a star.

It is also possible NY is keeping this open in case Dallas finds a deal it wants and is willing to pay NY something for making Brunson a three way.  No idea what the asking price would be.  I’ve said before I’d rather pay up if there is an incoming player.  I’m not in favor of sending out much in the way of compensation  just for a TPE.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
RE: Danny Ainge

During one of the summer league broadcasts there was an interesting discussion about Danny Ainge going off the grid and silent ever since the Gobert trade. He is apparently refusing to respond to any calls or texts of any kind from other GMs, mostly about Donovan Mitchell one would guess. Ainge seems like a highly manipulative and narcissistic person. Fascinating how it seems like he plays mind games with other GMs. I definitely agree with the general refrain on this board that you do NOT want to deal with Ainge.
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 11:27 AM)Kammrath Wrote: RE: Danny Ainge

During one of the summer league broadcasts there was an interesting discussion about Danny Ainge going off the grid and silent ever since the Gobert trade. He is apparently refusing to respond to any calls or texts of any kind from other GMs, mostly about Donovan Mitchell one would guess. Ainge seems like a highly manipulative and narcissistic person. Fascinating how it seems like he plays mind games with other GMs. I definitely agree with the general refrain on this board that you do NOT want to deal with Ainge.

An interesting thing I heard about Utah yesterday, listening to the Brian Windhorst podcast:

We are all kind of aware that Brooklyn seems to be pushing back against “player empowerment“ but according to Windhorst, this is happening in Utah, too. Not earth shattering, but he seemed to be suggesting that reasserting control over the organization was part of the motivation for tearing that team down, not just the fear that they weren’t talented enough at the top. I found that kind of interesting, because we generally don’t hear much about entitlement from Gobert and/or Mitchell.

He also implied that something similar was kinda/sorta happening in LA, where LeBron is clearly wanting the Lakers to include those future picks in an Irving deal, and Windhorst believes they are considering saying no. Too early to tell if they will cave, because the Durrant situation needs to get resolved before the Irving situation can even happen.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(07-12-2022, 11:40 AM)KillerLeft Wrote: n interesting thing I heard about Utah yesterday, listening to the Brian Windhorst podcast:

We are all kind of aware that Brooklyn seems to be pushing back against “player empowerment“ but according to Windhorst, this is happening in Utah, too. Not earth shattering, but he seemed to be suggesting that reasserting control over the organization was part of the motivation for tearing that team down, not just the fear that they weren’t talented enough at the top. I found that kind of interesting, because we generally don’t hear much about entitlement from Gobert and/or Mitchell.

He also implied that something similar was kinda/sorta happening in LA, where LeBron is clearly wanting the Lakers to include those future picks in an Irving deal, and Windhorst believes they are considering saying no. Too early to tell if they will cave, because the Durrant situation needs to get resolved before the Irving situation can even happen.

Super interesting. Thanks for sharing.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1546907743050612736
Like Reply
The Mitchell situation is interesting.  When there was infighting between he and Gobert, I always thought the smarter play was to move Donovan.  In a vacuum, I'd take Mitchell over Gobert 100 out of 100 times, but I just thought Gobert would probably be the more loyal player in the long run and Utah being one of the least desirable places to live for an NBA player, I figured that would factor in.

I also don't see Mitchell as the guy you build your franchise around.  He kind of feels like CJ McCollum type of player just given a lot more opportunity.  I still think he can be an incredible Robin to a true Batman.  I'm really glad we played Utah in the playoffs this year as I came to a new appreciation of Donovan.  He's a wonderful interview and someone any organization would be happy to have represent them.  I still think Ainge will be cold blooded and look to move him, but I think he might wait a year.  This will give organizations a little more time to reload on the haul it will take to trade for him and allow Ainge to evaluate Mitchell without Gobert.

(07-12-2022, 11:09 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3758846976

It's a lot and sacrificing their future, but it would be the best chance of maximizing Curry's window.  I think GSW will win another championship as is.  I know "best laid plans" and all, but Durant would almost certainly guarantee that and probably more.
Like Reply