https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...2534548482
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3947534341
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...6103098369
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...6498672640
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...3335214080

I bet they want the lottery pick to include in their Ayton offer. Personally, I'd rather have Collins than Ayton. 

I'm sorry, but I don't think I'm ready to say the Suns blew the Ayton thing just yet. I think there's a chance they did exactly the right thing. Won't know for sure until we see the deal that ends up happening.
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:27 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I'd rather have Collins than Ayton.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...6103098369

I haven't given up on this yet. I wasn't taking it seriously at the beginning of last season because I thought Carlisle was probably really excited about coaching him. And then they traded Sabonis, which I took as them choosing Turner (which made sense to me). 

But the smoke hasn't stopped. I think this guy might be the old-mixed-with-new center compromise this board has been looking for, if it's at all possible to get him. I have some concerns with his injury/availability history and with his seemingly volatile personality, but for whatever reason I just have a feeling this might be the guy.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • F Gump
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:30 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Turner

I am not interested in him if a first round pick is involved. If the Mavs can get him without giving up a first, then I am in.
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am not interested in him if a first round pick is involved. If the Mavs can get him without giving up a first, then I am in.

It seems like the article you posted is some sort of "get with the trade partner we've suggested or he'll just play out this contract and bounce next season" threat to me. Probably from HIS people. (I know it's easy to guess wrong about this stuff)

Dallas can probably create room next summer pretty easily, right?
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:39 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: It seems like the article you posted is some sort of "get with the trade partner we've suggested or he'll just play out this contract and bounce next season" threat to me. Probably from HIS people. (I know it's easy to guess wrong about this stuff)

Dallas can probably create room next summer pretty easily, right?

Assuming that Brunson stays capspace probably won´t be an option. Staying under the tax line in a sign&trade on the other hand should be a lot easier.
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:34 PM)Kammrath Wrote: I am not interested in him if a first round pick is involved.

The above was my initial reaction to this comment, but...Are you SURE you wouldn't include #26 in a package for a starting center who's capable of winning DPOY if things go well? I feel like that's kind of a difference making move. 

Are you saying you value the collection of players you guys have been discussing in the draft thread THAT much, or is it just the injury stuff with Turner that gives you pause?

(06-13-2022, 12:41 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Assuming that Brunson stays capspace probably won´t be an option. Staying under the tax line in a sign&trade on the other hand should be a lot easier.

Right, but (hypothetically) Brunson probably becomes a pretty attractive trade asset next summer if he has another good year, and some of their other guaranteed contracts will have another year complete. 

I mean, I haven't done the math, but something tells me they could literally clear a chunk of room next summer if they needed/wanted to. Not saying that will be their best option, don't get me wrong.
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:45 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: The above was my initial reaction to this comment, but...Are you SURE you wouldn't include #26 in a package for a starting center who's capable of winning DPOY if things go well? I feel like that's kind of a difference making move. 

Are you saying you value the collection of players you guys have been discussing in the draft thread THAT much, or is it just the injury stuff with Turner that gives you pause?

1) I am concerned about his long term health. 

2) I just don't think he is that good or the solution moving forward.

3) I wouldn't be furious with the Mavs for doing it (and would understand it), but I wouldn't like it.

4) I do really like this draft class.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Kammrath's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 12:20 PM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/_TradeDeadline/statu...6498672640

Ugh. Kinda want him now. What an upgrade that would be. Holy smokes.

I know F Gump‘s input here but heck can’t we SnT for him (while keeping Brunson) if we manage to dump Hardaway and Powell for air? Or would that still not be enough wiggle room financially?
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 01:01 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Ugh. Kinda want him now. What an upgrade that would be. Holy smokes.

I know F Gump‘s input here but heck can’t we SnT for him (while keeping Brunson) if we manage to dump Hardaway and Powell for air? Or would that still not be enough wiggle room financially?

Right now he's just a trade (not a S&T).  He's not free until next summer.  I agree that the "release" of his intent to play out his contract is essentially a trade demand without the ugliness of actually saying the words.
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 01:23 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Right now he's just a trade (not a S&T).  He's not free until next summer.  I agree that the "release" of his intent to play out his contract is essentially a trade demand without the ugliness of actually saying the words.

Not sure, but I think he's talking about Ayton, not Turner.

What do you think about a Turner target, @"DanSchwartzgan"? Is there some hope there, or is it a total pipe dream? If possible, what's your opinion about whether it would be the right move?
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...8290121729
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 01:24 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Not sure, but I think he's talking about Ayton, not Turner.

What do you think about a Turner target, @"DanSchwartzgan"? Is there some hope there, or is it a total pipe dream? If possible, what's your opinion about whether it would be the right move?

My bad.  Should have clicked the link.

I like Turner here.  They have to know him well.  He's been around the building working out for years.  I suspect he wants to be here and there is the Duffy angle.  I think he's a good fit and I think he's attainable.  Health is a concern, but it is a concern for Maxi and Dinwiddie and THJ also.

Kind of an interesting deal here in that Indy can't take on any additional salary before the new season.  They are right up against the tax line for 21/22.  It can be done after the draft if Indy takes back less salary.  If Indy is taking back extra salary, it will have to be completed after the moratorium.  

My guess is a 26 for 31 pick swap, our next available first, Green and Powell.   They will make it sound like Dallas gave up two firsts, but moving down 5 spots in this draft isn't that big of a deal.  Green as the outgoing would signal Hardaway stays at least until the TDL.  I think they stash #31 (I still think it is Kamagate).  Your nine man makes good sense at that point:

Centers:       Turner/Maxi/(Bertans)     Chriss/Boban
Wings:          DFS/Bullock/THJ            Frank/Brown/Pinson
Ball Handler:  Luka/Brunson/SD           Burke
[-] The following 6 users Like DanSchwartzgan's post:
  • Jommybone, KillerLeft, MFFL, Smitty, Tyler, VintagePejav2
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 01:57 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: My guess is a 26 for 31 pick swap, our next available first, Green and Powell.   They will make it sound like Dallas gave up two firsts, but moving down 5 spots in this draft isn't that big of a deal.  Green as the outgoing would signal Hardaway stays at least until the TDL.  I think they stash #31 (I still think it is Kamagate).  Your nine man makes good sense at that point:

I think this is fair, and I think I'd do it, with reluctance. 

BUT (and this will hopefully make my "trade this pick" argument more clear), I'd first TRY to just use #26 (no swap) to get it done. And that's specifically because I value the draft, ironically. I don't want to complicate FUTURE drafts in such a deal if I can avoid it, personally. 

Do you think that ruins it for IND? Or, what if this pick (#26) is the one that changes hands, and the right to swap a future pick is included? I would (slightly) prefer either of those options to yours, although I think you've got a good sense of the valuation here.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan
Like Reply
(06-13-2022, 01:57 PM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: My bad.  Should have clicked the link.

I like Turner here.  They have to know him well.  He's been around the building working out for years.  I suspect he wants to be here and there is the Duffy angle.  I think he's a good fit and I think he's attainable.  Health is a concern, but it is a concern for Maxi and Dinwiddie and THJ also.

Kind of an interesting deal here in that Indy can't take on any additional salary before the new season.  They are right up against the tax line for 21/22.  It can be done after the draft if Indy takes back less salary.  If Indy is taking back extra salary, it will have to be completed after the moratorium.  

My guess is a 26 for 31 pick swap, our next available first, Green and Powell.   They will make it sound like Dallas gave up two firsts, but moving down 5 spots in this draft isn't that big of a deal.  Green as the outgoing would signal Hardaway stays at least until the TDL.  I think they stash #31 (I still think it is Kamagate).  Your nine man makes good sense at that point:

I too am worried about Turner's health....his running gait just looks laboring and that is concerning to me.   Although, I can see the Mavs focusing on Turner...especially if Hardaway is back.    With Hardaway back, Dallas is filled with creators and wings.  What they would really need then is a guy who is elite protecting the rim so Dallas can really throw out smaller lineups around him.   Well, Turner fits that.   

I think that would be a fair deal by both sides.   It would certainly help if Turner said he was not interested in resigning with Indy and would only extend with certain teams (Dallas).   I am just not sure if I would make that move though.  It would be a little tough to swallow, but maybe I need to think about it a little more.
[-] The following 2 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • DanSchwartzgan, F Gump
Like Reply