Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(02-09-2023, 03:03 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: Can still be reported in the next 15-20 minutes, but yeah.

I´d start with Bitadze.Then hope for Patrick Beverley and Dario Saric.

Doncic/Beverley/Ntilikina
Irving/THJ/Hardy
Green/Bullock/Lawson
Kleber/Saric/Bertans
Wood/Powell/Bitadze

Not the big splash, but would really add to our depth. Saric has very good play-off stats in Europe and the NBA. Get him minutes, let Wood´s thumb heal properly.

I wouldn't mind all those guys. Saric is a big iffy one though. He seems to move as if he's stuck in molasses. 

At this point it's just filling out the bench though like you said. We have 2 roster spots if we waive Wright.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Crazy exciting TDL. I think the Mavs should have made an additional move, but maybe a decent trade wasn't available.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:03 PM)cow Wrote: There needs to be a 30 for 30 about Christian Wood.

He´s difficult to deal with, so no young teams wants them around their players and no veteran team will pay more than the MLE. His market is very limited.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1...7160983554
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:05 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: We have 2 roster spots if we waive Wright.

Wright is on a 2-way deal. Mavs have one roster spot.
[-] The following 1 user Likes omahen's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
I'm shocked BRK didn't move any of their wings.
Like Reply
Mavs gave away second round picks before it became cool.  #early adapters
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:07 PM)omahen Wrote: Wright is on a 2-way deal. Mavs have one roster spot.

https://tenor.com/view/you-right-right-c...f-18115020
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:03 PM)cow Wrote: There needs to be a 30 for 30 about Christian Wood.

"Mourning Wood: The Hard Truth of Christian's Wasted Talent"
[-] The following 3 users Like RasheedsBigWhiteSpot's post:
  • BoredAssistant, cow, Jmaciscool
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:02 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Maxi is a defensive stalwart.

THJ+Wood still here is a sad sight. 

But perhaps the buyout market will be kind. A guy like Dragic can be a big get for chemistry.

Dragic is washed. He's the 3rd PG behind Dosumnu and Caruso.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheSteinLine/status/...7620940801

(02-09-2023, 03:08 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Dragic is washed. He's the 3rd PG behind Dosumnu and Caruso.

He's the chemistry guy we need and can come in and not be ass for 10 mins like Wright.
Like Reply
So many moves that I'm not even sure where the Mavs really rank once the dust settles. Hopefully still top 4, but so many teams improved.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:07 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I'm shocked BRK didn't move any of their wings.

They moved Crowder. But yeah, they have 1 center, 37 wings and no true PG
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:07 PM)omahen Wrote: Wright is on a 2-way deal. Mavs have one roster spot.

I doubt that waiving Theo Pinson, Markieff Morris, Frank Ntillikina or Joel McStretch would be much of a hinderance, if the Mavs wanted to clear roster spots.
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:08 PM)Mavs2021 Wrote: I doubt that waiving Theo Pinson, Markieff Morris, Frank Ntillikina or Joel McStretch would be much of a hinderance, if the Mavs wanted to clear roster spots.

Mavs aren't waiving Pinson at all.

Dude might be the Kyrie whisperer.
Like Reply
I feel like the Mavs are set up to win regular season games.   The lack of a big wing is really striking.  Even with a healthy Maxi.  If he is not healthy, that is not good.    

I didn't expect much, but I was hoping for a small patchwork move to fill a hole.  Maybe that comes in buyout, but time will tell.
Like Reply
3rd PG is useful for regular season, but will not see any minutes behind Luka and Kai in playoffs. Wing will be desprately missed
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/IanBegley/status/162...09089?s=20&t=e22Uovcox5Oro9s4HA0ZmA
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:07 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Mavs gave away second round picks before it became cool.  #early adapters

Doing it all wrong. Protected firsts are a thing of the past. New trend is to collect 5+ 2nds to include them all in on deal.
[-] The following 3 users Like dirkfansince1998's post:
  • BigDirk41, HoosierDaddyKid, MFFL
Like Reply
(02-09-2023, 03:08 PM)BigDirk41 Wrote: So many moves that I'm not even sure where the Mavs really rank once the dust settles. Hopefully still top 4, but so many teams improved.

Time for God King to reinvent himself as Point God King.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply