Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
Kuzma, Oubre, Washington, McDaniels? Seems to be a fair amount of big wings that could be avaiable.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 08:24 AM)ItsGoTime Wrote: We don’t have any available [2nd round picks] left so it is impossible for Nico to actually make a trade now. All trading calls are put on hold until he can get another.

LOL Really funny cause it's true.

It looks like "and we'll add a 2nd (or two)" has become Cuban's new trade go-to on every deal, replacing "and we'll throw in $3M" (which was the habit until it was outlawed).
[-] The following 1 user Likes F Gump's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:20 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Not a single season above league average TS%. He has been a better 3-point shooter in the past but that isn´t the real problem. Just like many really small guards he struggles in the paint. 43% Career two-point percentage. Also not drawing a lot of fouls.
One dimensional offense with a heavy focus on 3-point attempts. Including a high volume of off dribble 3s. Considering that the Mavs already have a 3-point heavy offense and that SD was trending in a similar direction this season I would prefer someone that can get to the rim.

A player with Fred's skillset that can also get to the rim efficiently is a max player.  I would like that too.  This team is in desperate need of perimeter defense.  How many high level point of attack defenders are out there that can space the floor, dribble the basketball, playmake and score 20 a game?  How many of those are available?  Personally I think it would be hard to a find a non-max player that fits playing next to Luka better.  Its why I wanted Lonzo Ball so much who has a very similar profile.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 11:40 AM)Tyler Wrote: That trade deadline cough sure is making the rounds.

https://twitter.com/mavspr/status/1622632714502275078

LOL yeah, the mystery illness. All 3 of Ntilikina, Wood, and Bertans are out on sketchy excuses ... so if you put those together, what package or player comes back the other way?
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 06:00 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Proposal by a New York writer.  Would'ya?

https://dailyknicks.com/2023/02/06/knick...-quickley/
I'm doing that so fast, I can't even tell you how excited this would make me. It would allow us to really utilize the cap space angle that some have hinted to. It would also allow us to really capitalize on a SnT with Kyrie.

Alas, if that trade doesn't lift the protections on the 23, we can't do it, cause we can't trade a second rounder to complete the deal (a Mavs requirement). Wah, wah.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:50 PM)Dirknows Wrote: Are the Hornets still open for business? They have a lot of intriguing targets for the Mavs to go after. Oubre, McDaniels, Washington, Zeller, I'd even be open to taking on Haywards money at this point if it nets them positive assets.

Zeller has been out the league for a couple of years now.   Big Grin
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 06:00 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Proposal by a New York writer.  Would'ya?

I would consider it if we got our 23 back.  That would allow us to trade 23 and 25 now and also get access to our one second left.  I'm a big fan of Quickley, and it would be a big boost to the perimeter defense if we always at least one of him or Green on the floor.  It would also get a third playmaker.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:48 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: No way Morey willingly loses a deal, although they are desperate for a traditional backup center. 

That'd be a great deal for the Mavs.

It DOES get Morey out of the tax
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 06:13 PM)mvossman Wrote: A player with Fred's skillset that can also get to the rim efficiently is a max player.  I would like that too.  This team is in desperate need of perimeter defense.  How many high level point of attack defenders are out there that can space the floor, dribble the basketball, playmake and score 20 a game?  How many of those are available?  Personally I think it would be hard to a find a non-max player that fits playing next to Luka better.  Its why I wanted Lonzo Ball so much who has a very similar profile.

Might change in the coming days but looking at rumors the Raptors asking price for all three of their top guys (Siakam, OG, VanVleet) is in the max player range. If you would tell me that he is available for a first and expiring salary I would be all in.
Compared to Lonzo he offers a little bit more on offense but come playoff time his defensive value isn´t nearly as high. From what I have seen the series against the 76ers it involved a lot of switch hunting. Forcing him into situations where he had to defend Harris, Harden or even Embiid. Just really difficult to hide a 6´1 one guy. Even if he is a great defender for his position.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:03 PM)mvossman Wrote: Don't really understand this boards issue with Fred.  He scores 20 points a game on decent efficiency, he is a good high volume 3 point shooter (having a down year so far but historically much better than Din) an efficient playmaker, and a wildly better defender than Din.  He would make a ton of sense next to Luka and he would make a ton of sense with the Nets.

Agreed. The only downside is he has a lot of miles on those tires.  He's always near the top in minutes played.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 06:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Zeller has been out the league for a couple of years now.   Big Grin

"The Timeless Art of Negotiation"

Or how about Mugsy Bogues, Kelly Tripucka (to go with Luka) and a few old "Grandmomma" dresses that are still layin' around instead?
Like Reply

I like both players from the Knicks but Hardy AND a first?

Pass

But a firm maybe if we get or 2023 first round pick back
[-] The following 2 users Like MFFL's post:
  • F Gump, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
I really question what these defensive metrics say about FVV. He is an undersized, unathletic point guard. If you watch him play, it shows. He's VERY slow. Both on defense and when he drives to the rim. He's crafty and strong, but I don't think those are the traits that make you a great perimeter defender in the NBA. He gets blown by at will with very little resistance. If you read his college scouting report, it's exactly him, he hasn't really changed at all and he won't change. He is who he is. I'm pretty sure whatever defensive metrics people are going off of are inflated by the fact that he has the true elite defenders behind him in Toronto to clean all of his mess up at any given moment he's on the court. He'll have Luka+Not DFS behind him here instead of OG/Siakam.

A great NBA perimeter defender is pesky and disruptive. Quickness + size and length help a lot as well to being disruptive. It's easy to see this with Josh Green. People who are just really annoying to elite guards. FVV does none of this. I really fail to see how he has good defensive metrics backing him up. I'm more inclined to question the metrics and how they portray him as a great defender. 

Anyway, much happier the Mavs managed to get Kyrie instead of FVV. FVV is an albatross waiting to happen really. next contract $30m/year, gtfoh.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jakeospikez's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
Mavs get: 
Vanderbilt 
Olynyk
Gay
Utah 2nd 

Jazz get:
Bertans
Mcgee
Frank
Unprotected 2027 1st

Even salaries
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • Okstate819
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 07:26 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Mavs get: 
Vanderbilt 
Olynyk
Gay
Utah 2nd 

Jazz get:
Bertans
Mcgee
Frank
Unprotected 2027 1st

Even salaries
Invalid trade, we don't get second rounders, we give them!
[-] The following 2 users Like ItsGoTime's post:
  • DallasMaverick, From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 07:26 PM)Jason Terry Wrote: Mavs get: 
Vanderbilt 
Olynyk
Gay
Utah 2nd 

Jazz get:
Bertans
Mcgee
Frank
Unprotected 2027 1st

Even salaries

Swap out Gay for Clarkson and add in Theo and Danny boy has a deal.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 06:23 PM)mvossman Wrote: I would consider it if we got our 23 back.  That would allow us to trade 23 and 25 now and also get access to our one second left.  I'm a big fan of Quickley, and it would be a big boost to the perimeter defense if we always at least one of him or Green on the floor.  It would also get a third playmaker.

The other option would be to lift the protection on the conveyed pick and accept back the lower of the Knicks controlled picks this year in exchange for the outstanding 2nd we have reserved
Frankly, I would do that deal if we could get Reddish, Toppin, and Hartenstein for Bullock and swap THJ for Fournier.
Like Reply
For anyone paying attention to messages from the future, note that this video dropped before the trade was announced yesterday. Beyond the 2k simulation that has the Mavs winning the championship with Kyrie, it called the precise trade almost exactly. 

https://twitter.com/Mavs_FFL/status/1622...46912?s=20&t=L6lmbpPvZYdIKjUhe3F6_w
[-] The following 3 users Like Tyler's post:
  • BigDirk41, DanSchwartzgan, Kidnova
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 06:22 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Zeller has been out the league for a couple of years now.   Big Grin

Plumlee, Zeller, some average big man the Hornets always seem to have. Same thing.
Like Reply
Hopefully Nico and Kyrie have Ainge at gunpoint right now.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply