Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
https://twitter.com/Coopz___/status/1622...76610?s=20&t=LaefN8RuEZH5hakM4EzRCw

Could be nothing, could be something. Lmfao
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:28 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: JB is gone.

[Image: 200w.gif?cid=6c09b952pokracgm50w0mhshnxt...w.gif&ct=g]
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • From Dirk to Luka
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:04 PM)StrandedOnBeauboisHill Wrote: Hardaway/Wood/2027 for Vanderbilt/bad contracts

Vanderbilt and his skill set are exactly what we need now that god king is gone.

If the price is this high why not get Thybulle who is a defender that can't shoot and is basically free, right?
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • BigDirk41, The Jom
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 04:44 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Bruh WTF.

FVV over Dinwiddie? Really?

FVV is the better player
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:26 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I just want to know if the whole "cap space as a fallback" nonsense is coming from the team. If so, you can bet your life that anyone else they add at this deadline will be expiring money, which fits their MO for the past few seasons, anyway. 

Jae Crowder.
Kevin Love.

Start envisioning what it would take to get one of those guys.

Ew
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:30 PM)RoyTarpleysGhost Wrote: FVV is the better player

I ain't arguing that!

But would you really pay 2 firsts for FVV and Dinwiddie when you can just keep Dinwiddie? Especially since a tax ridden team like the Nets are gonna have to pony up a 30+mil contract for him?
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 03:25 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: Lets keep Wood...unless we get a clear upgrade moving forward.

Lets see how Luka, Kyrie, Wood fit.   Can you get enough defense on the floor with them or will it not work?   You have Green, Bullock & hopefully Maxi to do the dirty work.    Powell can play backup 5 minutes.   

That lineup feels two good defenders/veterans short.  Hardaway is the one who sticks out.    If he cannot be moved, maybe he gets put in a 8th man role??

A 6 of Luka, Kyrie, Wood, Green, Maxi and Bullock would be interesting switching out at the end of games.  Is there anything to build there if you could upgrade one or two of those spots this summer?

Spot freaking on.  I hope Kidd resists the impulse to start a big with Wood.  I'd like Powell to backup Wood except when Maxi returns.

Point - Luka, Frank
Guard - Irving, THJ, Hardy
Wing - Green, Bullock
Forward - Maxi, Morris
Center - Wood, Powell

I'd trade everyone in bold and our remaining FRP for a backup PG, starting Forward (slide Maxi to backup), and backup Forrward.
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:31 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: I ain't arguing that!

But would you really pay 2 firsts for FVV and Dinwiddie when you can just keep Dinwiddie? Especially since a tax ridden team like the Nets are gonna have to pony up a 30+mil contract for him?

I dunno how much I’d pay for the upgrade. They have have Kevin Durant. They’re looking to win now. I’d easily take FVV over SD if I’m wanting to make a title run.

I don’t really look at it like their “value” in a vacuum.
Like Reply
Frank + McGee for Thybulle & Korkmaz

Who says no?
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:43 PM)Smitty Wrote: Frank + McGee for Thybulle & Korkmaz

Who says no?

Better chance Morey moves to China. Big Grin
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:31 PM)Ghost of Podkolzin Wrote: Spot freaking on.  I hope Kidd resists the impulse to start a big with Wood.  I'd like Powell to backup Wood except when Maxi returns.

Point - Luka, Frank
Guard - Irving, THJ, Hardy
Wing - Green, Bullock
Forward - Maxi, Morris
Center - Wood, Powell

I'd trade everyone in bold and our remaining FRP for a backup PG, starting Forward (slide Maxi to backup), and backup Forrward.

Mavericks:
(CLT) Kelly Oubre Jr.
(CLT) Terry Rozier
(MIN) Naz Reid

Hornets
(MIN) D'Angelo Russell

Timberwolves
(DAL) Tim Hardaway Jr.
(DAL) Dwight Powell
(CLT) Dennis Smith Jr.
(DAL) 2027 - Round 1

Point - Luka, Scary Terry
Guard - Irving, Hardy
Wing - Green, Bullock
Forward - Oubre, Maxi
Center - Wood, Naz
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:43 PM)Smitty Wrote: Frank + McGee for Thybulle & Korkmaz

Who says no?

No way Morey willingly loses a deal, although they are desperate for a traditional backup center. 

That'd be a great deal for the Mavs.
Like Reply
Are the Hornets still open for business? They have a lot of intriguing targets for the Mavs to go after. Oubre, McDaniels, Washington, Zeller, I'd even be open to taking on Haywards money at this point if it nets them positive assets.
[-] The following 2 users Like Dirknows's post:
  • Ghost of Podkolzin, Smitty
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:50 PM)Dirknows Wrote: Are the Hornets still open for business? They have a lot of intriguing targets for the Mavs to go after. Oubre, McDaniels, Washington, Zeller, I'd even be open to taking on Haywards money at this point if it nets them positive assets.

Mavericks:
(CLT) Kelly Oubre Jr.
(CLT) Terry Rozier
(MIN) Naz Reid

Hornets
(MIN) D'Angelo Russell

Timberwolves
(DAL) Tim Hardaway Jr.
(DAL) Dwight Powell
(CLT) Dennis Smith Jr.
(DAL) 2027 - Round 1
Like Reply
Wasn’t there some initial report about the Jazz having an interest in DFS?  Deadlines make deals.  The Mavs/Nets moved the deadline up if they were perhaps also negotiating with the Jazz and Raps. 

Maybe the deal expands to send DFS to Utah for Vandy+.  Whatever that + is gets rerouted to Toronto along with Spence and whatever else the Nets throw in with their targets being some combo of FVV/OV/Siakam. 

- Mavs land Kyrie and Vandy for Dodo, Spence and the picks. 
-Jazz get DFS who they reportedly coveted as a better fit with their new frontcourt. 
-Nets reroute assets to Toronto to stay a contending team
-Raps avoid paying FVV, can flip Spence later and get picks galore for one of OG or Siakam

No clue how the salaries would work with additional pieces and it’s likely way too convoluted.  

Mavs would be a year away from having big expiring money and access to picks.  In the mean time they extend CWood and roll out Luka, Kyrie, Green, Vandy, Wood.

Edit: Trade official so scrap all this BS!
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 05:22 PM)JamesConway912 Wrote: Why are Vanderbilt‘s on off numbers so terrible?

Looks like a complete non shooter. I don’t see much value in that tbqh. I’d view him as a filler in a trade with marginal value.

He might be a DFS starter kit bit DFS was rightfully paid a minimum contract before he learned to shoot the basketball at the Nba level.

_______

I’d happily see them just extend Wood, maybe there’s something happening there. We could use some continuity in our frontcourt now that a high minutes player like DFS is gone.

A cautionary tale in small sample on/off (and yes, 2/3 of a season is still small sample for on/off).  His prior seasons on/off (particularly defensively) were off the charts good.  Is that due to noise?  Is he misused?  Is playing much worse?  Who knows.  He has historically been a very good defender and my guess is this is noise more than anything else.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/status...6vjIUtAAAA

Trade official
[-] The following 2 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Proposal by a New York writer.  Would'ya?

https://dailyknicks.com/2023/02/06/knick...-quickley/
Like Reply
Not trading a 1st for a third guard. We need front court help.
[-] The following 1 user Likes RoyTarpleysGhost's post:
  • SleepingHero
Like Reply
(02-06-2023, 06:00 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: Proposal by a New York writer.  Would'ya?

https://dailyknicks.com/2023/02/06/knick...-quickley/

Hell no
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
[-] The following 1 user Likes IamDougieFresh's post:
  • BigDirk41
Like Reply