Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(06-24-2022, 09:11 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Can we agree to stay away from lunatics and drama queens. I will never mention Ben Simmons again. In return I don´t want to see another mention of Irving, Isaac and co.

Idk...I'm all for never mentioning some of those guys, but I might need to reserve my rights to hope for Ben Simmons.
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:21 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Idk...I'm all for never mentioning some of those guys, but I might need to reserve my rights to hope for Ben Simmons.
Just imagine the space Luka would create for him, wait, what?
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:28 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Just imagine the space Luka would create for him, wait, what?

I don't understand your joke. 

I'm sure it's at my expense, but would appreciate some sympathy on this, the day we start to feel like the world is ending (Brunson leaving).

I don't see a need to add Simmons at this time, as it's unclear whether he ever wants to play again and there's a little too much overlap between he and Woods. 

BUT, I would like to reserve my right to resume relentlessly hoping the Mavs can get him should the need arise.

If Brunson bails, I'm going to be inconsolable for weeks. I'm warning you all now. SCORCHED EARTH. 

[Image: flame-thrower-kill-it.gif]
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't understand your joke. 

I'm sure it's at my expense, but would appreciate some sympathy on this, the day we start to feel like the world is ending (Brunson leaving).

I don't see a need to add Simmons at this time, as it's unclear whether he ever wants to play again and there's a little too much overlap between he and Woods. 

BUT, I would like to reserve my right to resume relentlessly hoping the Mavs can get him should the need arise.
Not a joke at anyone’s expense. Usually when we talk about a player that can’t shoot well this is what is basically said. The joke is that the NBA gives Simmons all the space he could ever need.

Also, I’m still not all that against getting him as a reclamation. The longer he doesn’t play however, the less my conviction that he will come out of this funk though.
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If Brunson bails, I'm going to be inconsolable for weeks. I'm warning you all now. SCORCHED EARTH. 

The Cuban-haters are going to be insufferable if that happens.
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The Cuban-haters are going to be insufferable if that happens.

I am already preparing my rant...just in case.
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: If Brunson bails, I'm going to be inconsolable for weeks. I'm warning you all now. SCORCHED EARTH. 

I feel like this was a promise (last year to spend money before Luka gets paid) for last offseason and we never got the flames!
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:42 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I feel like this was a promise (last year to spend money before Luka gets paid) for last offseason and we never got the flames!

I remember myself being pretty toxic on the first 2-3 days of free agency. Wasn´t as high on Bullock (eating crow), thought that Brown was Kidd´s favorite and didn´t deserve a roster spot (nailed it), waited for a big move that never happened (KP trade).
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:42 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: I feel like this was a promise (last year to spend money before Luka gets paid) for last offseason and we never got the flames!

I acknowledged that they failed. 

But, you can't fall in love with a team that never happens in the reality. THIS ONE actually exists, and Brunson is a significant part of it.

I will be inconsolable.
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:32 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: I don't understand your joke. 

If Brunson bails, I'm going to be inconsolable for weeks. I'm warning you all now. SCORCHED EARTH. 

I'll bring extra petro.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Branduil's post:
  • KillerLeft
Like Reply
SCORCHED EARTH
Like Reply
Some people are not prepared!
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:52 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: Some people are not prepared!

BE PREPARED

(actually, this might be a good time to start up with the Rubio gifs again, if Brunson is walking)
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • ItsGoTime
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 01:25 PM)DallasMaverick Wrote: I think about several guys who jumped ship because they wanted to be featured in a larger role, and expected that would be the case on their new team.

Just a few:
Kyrie
Harden
Grant
KD

Typically, it's a younger player with a large ego.

I just don't see that ego in Brunson.

Great point but those aren’t the brightest of NBA stars on that list. Plus Kyrie and KD made their moves after winning a championship, not after their first real playoff run. Harden? I can’t even tell if you mean his recent lateral move or the jump from Thunder 6th man to Rockets’ leading man. And Grant? He wasn’t even the #3 option in Denver. 

The harder question, in my mind, is how much more can the kid make in endorsement deals in the Big Apple. My guess is quite a bit more than the tax differential (which is large) or the extra year the Mavs can offer. I also think his path to the All-Star game is way easier in the east and out of Luka’s shadow. But I also think he’ll be absolutely miserable losing in MSG while the Mavs win out west. 

In sum, if Jalen jumps, he’s not the savvy guy I think he is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jommybone's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:50 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: SCORCHED EARTH

Do it. Even if Brunson stays. Free agency rants and toxicity are a liberating experience.
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 10:03 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Do it. Even if Brunson stays. Free agency rants and toxicity are a liberating experience.

Dude, if they keep Brunson, like they've been confidently promising they will for months, I will have exactly ZERO complaints over how this team was handled this season from start to finish. 

That's why this would suck so much. They're finally getting somewhere!
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:38 PM)Kammrath Wrote: The Cuban-haters are going to be insufferable if that happens.

You make it sound like it wouldn´t be justified --> hence not a hater. 

More like the Cuban lovers would be insufferable denying this is a disaster.

With a Brunson extension we might have the highest pay-roll in the whole league next year. Let that sink in for a moment. Highest pay-roll, 2nd best player Jalen Brunson.....and that is the good outcome. Undecided
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 10:06 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: Dude, if they keep Brunson, like they've been confidently promising they will for months, I will have exactly ZERO complaints over how this team was handled this season from start to finish. 

That's why this would suck so much. They're finally getting somewhere!

For me keeping Brunson is the bare minimum. But I can already imagine that they will try to sell it as the greatest move any team ever made. Just like last year when they resigned THJ.
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 10:09 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: For me keeping Brunson is the bare minimum. But I can already imagine that they will try to sell it as the greatest move any team ever made. Just like last year when they resigned THJ.

Well, I was happy they re-signed THJ. 

But yes, this would be a disaster. And yes, they'll probably spin it. That's kind of their job. But, people are already starting to ultra-spin it around here, and it hasn't even happened yet. 

I feel like he's going to re-sign and the team will move forward as planned. I have to believe that.
[-] The following 1 user Likes KillerLeft's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
(06-24-2022, 09:56 PM)KillerLeft Wrote: BE PREPARED

(actually, this might be a good time to start up with the Rubio gifs again, if Brunson is walking)
Rubio as a Jalen replacement?
Like Reply