Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(10-26-2022, 10:37 PM)sefant Wrote: after 5 games
Like Reply
I'd rather just try to sell off DFS/Maxi/Dinwiddie to get additional firsts at this point if we aren't going to wait.
Like Reply
I think hitting the panic button after 3 games is a bit over-reactionary. 

I've felt that this team has been ultra competitive in every game they've played so far. They were up by 20+ against PHX before a mental relaxation. They pummeled MEM. After a terrible 1st quarter, the Mavs outscored NOP 80-73. 

Lets relax. Warriors, Nuggets, Clippers, and 76ers all got off to less than stellar starts as well. Mavs net rating has been pretty damn good and our biggest problems right now is just integration and rotation issues. 

NO reason to blow it up.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
[-] The following 4 users Like SleepingHero's post:
  • BigDirk41, DallasMaverick, mvossman, rocky164
Like Reply
I'm not really advocating for doing anything.  Our best bet is to wait until after our owed pick conveys to New York.
Like Reply
I would be very hesitant to include a future first right now.    I just don' think we have a strong offer for any impact player.   Also, I think a lot of the solid players who may be moved that their teams are waiting for a panic Lakers offer.

I do think in time there will be trades available for not much equity that will upgrade a position on our team.  Probably not a huge upgrade and it may be 2 months from now. 

Question, if the Lakers season continues to go down the drain, what is Myles Turner value?   Would the Nets offer a future first?   Is he someone the Mavs should sniff around?   What do you think it would take?
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 01:11 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I would be very hesitant to include a future first right now.    I just don' think we have a strong offer for any impact player.   Also, I think a lot of the solid players who may be moved that their teams are waiting for a panic Lakers offer.

I do think in time there will be trades available for not much equity that will upgrade a position on our team.  Probably not a huge upgrade and it may be 2 months from now. 

Question, if the Lakers season continues to go down the drain, what is Myles Turner value?   Would the Nets offer a future first?   Is he someone the Mavs should sniff around?   What do you think it would take?
To me, Turner only makes sense if both McGee and Powell are outgoing (maybe we keep Powell for injury insurance, since, you know Cuban won’t allow him to be traded anyway).
Like Reply
(10-27-2022, 01:11 PM)Chicagojk Wrote: I would be very hesitant to include a future first right now.    I just don' think we have a strong offer for any impact player.   Also, I think a lot of the solid players who may be moved that their teams are waiting for a panic Lakers offer.

Turner was traded to LA?
Like Reply
How about:

DAL in: SGA, Robinson, Nwaba, Muscala.
DAL out: THJ, Powell, Green, Hardy, Ntilikina, '25, '27, '29 DAL 1st (unprotected).

MIA in: Wood, Ntilikina
MIA out: Robinson, Jovic, '23 MIA 1st.

OKC in: THJ, Powell, Green, Hardy, Ntilikina, '25, '27, '29 DAL 1st (unprotected), '23 MIA 1st, Jovic.
OKC out: SGA, Muscala, Nwaba.
We just paid a whole lot of money to a guy that went 9-29 (31%) on FG and 3-20 (15%) 3-pt% in both our win or go home elimination games last couple of playoffs. SMH 
Like Reply
Is this tampering? Is it even a thing when a player is doing it?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1587073691053162497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1587073691053162497%7Ctwgr%5E77def099481d5535bb8e36aa3d2193daaed1e35c%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2236576
[-] The following 1 user Likes dirkfansince1998's post:
  • DallasMaverick
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9935601665
Like Reply
(10-31-2022, 10:45 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Is this tampering? Is it even a thing when a player is doing it?

https://twitter.com/wojespn/status/1587073691053162497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1587073691053162497%7Ctwgr%5E77def099481d5535bb8e36aa3d2193daaed1e35c%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.realgm.com%2Fboards%2Fviewtopic.php%3Ft%3D2236576

Remember when we were saying a couple of months ago, "Well, now that we have Wood and McGee, we don't need Turner"? Turner would be pretty nice right now.
Like Reply
(11-01-2022, 09:10 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9935601665

I watched a tad of the Pacers game last night and saw a lot of their game against Washington last week.   Hield has looked good in the games I saw.  He would work well with Lebron although he is not really a plus defender.  But the shooting and the spacing he provides would help.   

Turner has always been a real tricky evaluation for me.   You definitely feel his presence on defense  and maybe that makes him worth the cost.  But, I just don't know what he brings on offense.   Not a rim runner, not really a post up threat and a pretty average three point shooter (who sees himself as a very good shooter).   He is also not a strong rebounder.  Most importantly, when I watch him run he just looks like a guy who is going to get injured a lot.   Tough evaluation for me.   

I don't think I would offer both first round picks for both if I was LAL, but I think Indy will hold out for both (and rightfully so).   The whole league knows LAL is in a bad spot.
[-] The following 3 users Like Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid, KillerLeft, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-01-2022, 09:43 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I watched a tad of the Pacers game last night and saw a lot of their game against Washington last week.   Hield has looked good in the games I saw.  He would work well with Lebron although he is not really a plus defender.  But the shooting and the spacing he provides would help.   

Turner has always been a real tricky evaluation for me.   You definitely feel his presence on defense  and maybe that makes him worth the cost.  But, I just don't know what he brings on offense.   Not a rim runner, not really a post up threat and a pretty average three point shooter (who sees himself as a very good shooter).   He is also not a strong rebounder.  Most importantly, when I watch him run he just looks like a guy who is going to get injured a lot.   Tough evaluation for me.   

I don't think I would offer both first round picks for both if I was LAL, but I think Indy will hold out for both (and rightfully so).   The whole league knows LAL is in a bad spot.

I'm curious which is a more valuable package, Turner/Hield or Conley/Clarkson/Bojan?  Would Ainge have taken a single LA pick for that trade?  He didn't get a first for Bojan, and may not get one for Clarkson.  I will be really surprised if LA gives up both to Indy.
Like Reply
Rooting for an LAL trade at this point. Would be terrible for our team if N.O. lucks into a top 2 pick. As it stands, they will likely come away with a valuable lottery pick either way, LA trade or no. I’m not sure how much Turner and Hield move the needle.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(11-01-2022, 09:10 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...9935601665

I am skeptical of the analysis that the Lakers will "eventually cave." It feels wrong, and backwards.

It seems like their motivation is going to be much higher now, and lower later -- ie, rather than the passing of time gradually increasing their desire to trade until the pressure gets so high they feel forced to act, I think it is eroding it.

The longer they go, the less chance they have to salvage this season. And the closer they get to RW contract being over. And over time, they also have the opportunity (ever-so-slight as it might be) to figure out a way for RW to be a plus for them, not a minus.

So I'm thinking that the only window to get a pick or two out of them will be earlier in the season. Dec 15 is when more players become eligible to be traded. But is that even a thing for them, or have they already decided that they will keep their picks, no matter what, even if that means they will have to ride the RW Era out to an ugly conclusion? The longer they go, the more I think that's where we are.
Like Reply
(11-01-2022, 10:23 AM)mvossman Wrote: I'm curious which is a more valuable package, Turner/Hield or Conley/Clarkson/Bojan?  Would Ainge have taken a single LA pick for that trade?  He didn't get a first for Bojan, and may not get one for Clarkson.  I will be really surprised if LA gives up both to Indy.

I personally think the Utah package would be much more valuable.    I could see each of those three finishing a game with Lebron and Davis and be a pretty interesting squad.    Maybe I am wrong though.   Regardless, I guess it doesn't matter now.
Like Reply
(11-01-2022, 10:42 AM)Chicagojk Wrote: I personally think the Utah package would be much more valuable.    I could see each of those three finishing a game with Lebron and Davis and be a pretty interesting squad.    Maybe I am wrong though.   Regardless, I guess it doesn't matter now.

The only reason it might matter is that if LA was unwilling to part with a pick or two for the Utah package, I'm not sure they are going to pull that trigger for the Indy package.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...1720391683
Like Reply
[Image: 203501.png]
Like Reply
(11-02-2022, 09:13 AM)Kammrath Wrote: https://twitter.com/TheNBACentral/status...1720391683

Anyone watched Simmons this year? How does he look? I didn't really notice him against the Mavs other than the late steal of Luka and assist to KD.
Like Reply