Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.83 Average
TDL Archived: The 2nd Rnd Pick Yankee Swap
(09-23-2022, 02:11 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: A trade that cleans up the rest of the offseason for teams with rumors out there.

Suns get: Mike Conley, Lakers second
Jazz get: Russell Westbrook, Dwight Powell, Mavs(2) and Lakers seconds
Lakers get: Olynyk, THJ, Saric and Gay
Mavs get: Crowder, Clarkson and Vanderbilt

Luka/Clarkson
SD/Green
RB/Crowder
DFS/Maxi
McGee/Wood

I really can´t see why you would want to change THJ into Clarkson.
If it´s Crowder, why not just Powell -> Jae.
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 03:32 PM)Mapka Wrote:  

I’d guess the reason is I don’t fully have the faith in THJ that you do that he’ll return to the player he was for 2 years (before the last) here. Clarkson gives us another ball handler that can run the offense on his own should one of Luka or Dinwiddie need rest or get injured. I prefer that in a guy taking up the minutes THJ will take. Bringing in any ball handler that is rotation worthy means someone isn’t getting playing time they’re used to (if we were keeping THJ). 

I think this trade puts us in dark horse contender status. I look at it as SD taking JB’s role and Clarkson taking SD’s role from the playoffs. SD in that role is the better “run the offense and distribute” to spell Luka on the court candidate compared to JB’s run the offense to score for himself mostly style. I believe that will bring the team together much more. Clarkson is more of the JB mentality that we had here with JB, but he’s coming off the bench so it’s just less worrisome in my mind.

Finally, switching Clarkson with THJ protects us in case THJ doesn’t have a good season where we have to look at him for 2 more seasons after this next failed one. Like THJ, Clarkson has shown up for the playoffs, so we don’t lose out on that aspect either.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 03:32 PM)Mapka Wrote:  

Clarkson for crowder and pick makes sense for phoenix. Get rid of unhappy player and add scoring 

If we could end up with Conley and Crowder with only giving up Powell, Bertans and Green……..i’d say we’re contenders. Definitely better than last year. Much more athletic and longer defensively
[-] The following 1 user Likes Jason Terry's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
I’ve got to agree with FGump in that I think Crowder is terribly overrated in general. Offensively and defensively. I mean, if they are giving Conley or Crowder away for contracts and cash, then by all means. I don’t see Cuban paying 20m per year for Conley who is always injured and on his last legs when that’s essentially what they offered contract wise for JB who is a full decade younger. But Conley would be great here for 20-30 minutes a night. I’d rather just play Green than trade for Crowder. He may be a better player right now.
[-] The following 4 users Like MarkAguirreWrathofGod's post:
  • ballsrchr, KillerLeft, MFFL, Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 05:48 PM)MarkAguirreWrathofGod Wrote: I’d rather just play Green than trade for Crowder. He may be a better player right now.

I think your overall point is valid, but I'm not sure it's "either/or" with Green/Crowder. I doubt there's a single team in the NBA who'd want Crowder to play a single minute at the 3 anymore. He's a small ball 4 full time these days, for sure. That was always his only good position, really. Green, to me, is fast and agile enough to be effective as a wing, if he's good enough to make it in the league at all.  

I think Crowder would be good in a limited role off the bench, playing (far) behind DFS and giving him a breather in those smaller lineups. A good get, if the price is right, but I'm with you and @"F Gump" about him not really being a difference maker at this point.
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 02:11 PM)ItsGoTime Wrote: A trade that cleans up the rest of the offseason for teams with rumors out there.

Suns get: Mike Conley, Lakers second
Jazz get: Russell Westbrook, Dwight Powell, Mavs(2) and Lakers seconds
Lakers get: Olynyk, THJ, Saric and Gay
Mavs get: Crowder, Clarkson and Vanderbilt

Luka/Clarkson
SD/Green
RB/Crowder
DFS/Maxi
McGee/Wood

Is Vanderbilt coming off the bench? No mention of him.
Like Reply
It seems Crowder is indeed on the move.

https://twitter.com/clutchpointsapp/stat...63872?s=46&t=Af7ow7UDYhwkhvoAQbi6qg
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
- IamDougieFresh (05-20-2023, 04:39 AM)
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 03:32 PM)Mapka Wrote:  I really can´t see why you would want to change THJ into Clarkson.

Pretty simple in my eyes, Clarkson is much better at getting his own and thrives in the 6th man role.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • Scott41theMavs
Like Reply
(09-23-2022, 06:27 PM)HoosierDaddyKid Wrote: Is Vanderbilt coming off the bench? No mention of him.
So, in my mind he’s another developmental player. I listed what I think would be the top 10. Green and Frank would fight it out for that G spot I put Green in. Vanderbilt would be behind DFS and Maxi or Wood. If he proves to be good enough to get regular minutes, he’d have to supplant Maxi/Wood (which would be a good problem to have).
Like Reply
Crowder has been a dick to the Mavs when we play his teams since the Rondo trade, which has certainly annoyed me. At least he wasn't as bad as Corey Brewer, or freaking Trevor Ariza, who never even played for the Mavs but ***never*** overcame his butthurt that we gave Chandler Parsons the contract he wanted from us. However, Jae was a good guy to have on the team when he was here. Despite his falloff, I think he would be the adequate third defensive wing behind DFS and Reggie. He would also eliminate the need for the fourth big, which greases the wheels on trading Powell for him.

I'm not Dougie, but anything that gets Powell out of here makes me very, very happy.
[-] The following 2 users Like Scott41theMavs's post:
  • cow, ItsGoTime
Like Reply
If we get Crowder it’s going to have to be a multi team deal. No contender is going to trade for a player with negative playoff value.

And by contenders I mean frauds. CP flop and Luka’s son aren’t winning a title.
"The Dallas Mavericks must do everything they can to get Olivier-Maxence Prosper."
Like Reply
Last report on Cha I read was MJ wanting to shed salary. How about $48M?

Cha gets: THJ/Bertans/Powell
Dal gets Haywood/Rozier

Luka/Rozier
SD/Green
Haywood/Bullock (these two fight it out for the starting spot)
DFS/Maxi
McGee/Wood
[-] The following 1 user Likes ItsGoTime's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
(09-24-2022, 01:03 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: If we get Crowder it’s going to have to be a multi team deal. No contender is going to trade for a player with negative playoff value.

And by contenders I mean frauds. CP flop and Luka’s son aren’t winning a title.

How unfortunate for Mavs fans that one of the few people in the world who believe DP has a positive on-court value happens to own the Dallas Mavericks.

via GIPHY

[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
(09-24-2022, 04:05 PM)Scott41theMavs Wrote: How unfortunate for Mavs fans that one of the few people in the world who believe DP has a positive on-court value happens to own the Dallas Mavericks.

via GIPHY

Can’t wait for his next 4/44 extension
Like Reply
(09-24-2022, 04:31 PM)IamDougieFresh Wrote: Can’t wait for his next 4/44 extension

via GIPHY

[-] The following 1 user Likes Scott41theMavs's post:
  • MFFL
Like Reply
[Image: BXOOIRLVYILXKHVUFD2MD264MY.jpg]

That seems forever ago.
Like Reply
https://heavy.com/sports/dallas-maverick...ee-agency/
Like Reply
I've always wanted Draymond here.  He'd be perfect in a lineup with Luka.
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply
Draymond is looking for a paycheck that GS may not give him. In that pursuit, he loves everyone, frankly.

It's a huge salary for a player whose contribution is primarily on the defensive end. DFS is getting 13M for the same sort of role here, which is in line with how defense-first guys typically get paid, and DG wants 30M or more.
[-] The following 2 users Like F Gump's post:
  • IamDougieFresh, KillerLeft
Like Reply
(09-27-2022, 03:28 PM)F Gump Wrote: Draymond is looking for a paycheck that GS may not give him. In that pursuit, he loves everyone, frankly.

It's a huge salary for a player whose contribution is primarily on the defensive end. DFS is getting 13M for the same sort of role here, which is in line with how defense-first guys typically get paid, and DG wants 30M or more.

For the record, I'm not advocating paying him.  Especially not at this stage in his career.
  • IamDougieFresh
Like Reply