Poll: Do the Mavs finally win in the Bay Area and extend the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
80.00%
4 80.00%
No
20.00%
1 20.00%
Total 5 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF WCF GAME 5: DAL (1-4) vs. GSW (4-1) | 110-120 loss
Re:  Officiating and Luka

-He's so goddamn big that he's always going to get the Shaq treatment, like it or not.
-I also think not being ultra athletic hurts him.  Refs let defenders beat the shit out of Dirk on the regular.  
-Constant complaining isn't going to do him any good and him not getting back on defense actively hurts his team.  (As an aside, the complaining along with the more Harden-like tendencies in his game is why he can get shit from fans, national media, and can be considered "hard to watch")
-Curse of Cuban:  A Maverick is never going to get a fair shake from the refs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes cow's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply
Thompson’s shooting along with the one side refs are the difference in this half.  We get mauled every drive yet GS shoots 6 more FT’s in first half.  This could change, but we have to come out hard in the 3rd QTR and play with desperation not frustration at refs
Like Reply
Well, we will see what kind of stones this team has in the 2nd half. A true test of character coming up. Quitting will be the easiest thing to do.
Like Reply
Chuck: Luka is not competing out there tonight. 

He is just being roasted right now.
He needs to play much better in 2nd half, calls or no calls. Just play. Control what you can control.
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
I want to see the D from them that got them to this point. No D, no chance.
Like Reply
Brunson has not been good either tonight...game over if both him and Luka don't give them anything
Like Reply
Powell. Gives up two rebounds and a kicked ball to start the half.  Shaking my head.
[-] The following 2 users Like ThisIStheYear's post:
  • ItsGoTime, Smitty
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 09:20 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: Powell. Gives up two rebounds and a kicked ball to start the half.  Shaking my head.
Was just gonna say, Powell with position twice, Looney with the rebound...
Like Reply
Powell is the gift that keeps on giving..to the other team
  • Smitty
Like Reply
GET. BACK. ON. DEFENSE.
Like Reply
https://twitter.com/CallieCaplan/status/...0663181313
Like Reply
It's over, Kidd needs to wave the white flag and sit the starters. Don't want them to get an injury...prepare for the offseason
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 09:23 PM)SwisherPrice Wrote: It's over, Kidd needs to wave the white flag and sit the starters.

I would make Luka play. He needs to experience every moment of this embarrassment that is going to have the media on his ass for months and months.
Like Reply
To not give full effort and to not try is the single most inexcusable thing. It is the ONE thing you can control.
Like Reply
Luka gonna get to hear about this all offseason.  Every stupid person with stupid opinions about him will scream from the mountaintops until he gets back to this point…and exorcises these demons. 

Will be interesting/fun/exciting/scary to see what this type of ending (assuming it’s the ending…waaaay out on a limb here) will lead to next year and beyond.
Like Reply
Powell is completely useless and Luka’s acting like a 12 year old. Not a good look. It’s best to just get this one in the books.  Luka won’t hear the end of this and should make some improvements this off-season. Powell should be easy to upgrade, even with a minimum salary player. That alone should improve the team this off-season.
Like Reply
I have no doubt Mavs would win in 8!
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 09:26 PM)ThisIStheYear Wrote: uka won’t hear the end of this and should make some improvements this off-season. Powell should be easy to upgrade, even with a minimum salary player. That alone should improve the team this off-season.

Luka's personal development is the easiest and quickest way for this team to make "the jump." He has to own that as the superstar who has been gifted with transcendent talent.
Like Reply
Luka will have his Dirk post 2007 loss to the Warriors moment.
How he responds moving forward will really define his legacy as a player.
  • Kammrath
Like Reply
(05-26-2022, 09:29 PM)Kammrath Wrote: Luka's personal development is the easiest and quickest way for this team to make "the jump." He has to own that as the superstar who has been gifted with transcendent talent.

It’s going to happen.  His brain, his body and his game will continue to evolve.  If they don’t then he isn’t who I think he is, which is a pissed off for greatness superstar that doesn’t know all the tricks yet. 

I don’t agree 100% with your Luka takes…but agree to an extent with some of it.  This game should be played on loop all offseason.
Like Reply