Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
2.13%
1 2.13%
DAL (4-1)
8.51%
4 8.51%
DAL (4-2)
65.96%
31 65.96%
DAL (4-3)
12.77%
6 12.77%
GSW (4-3)
0%
0 0%
GSW (4-2)
6.38%
3 6.38%
GSW (4-1)
4.26%
2 4.26%
GSW (4-0)
0%
0 0%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS WCF: #3 GSW (4-1) vs #4 DAL (1-4)
(05-25-2022, 04:11 PM)Kammrath Wrote: being one of the most immature players I have ever rooted for and a player who is squandering more of his talent than I anyone I have ever rooted for

This is the stuff I disagree completely about, it's so way off as something ever said. Luka is the most mature young player to ever play this game. He leads the team at 23, he did it even at 21. At 13 his maturity was that of a 23. Now at 23 his maturity is of a player of 33. Not only today but in history. Remember he is 23 and had no offseason because he is so mature and full of heart and responsibility he can't see his national team lose, and will go to help them even though that's bad for his NBA career. That's maturity and accountability and leadership to leave nobody behind the lines. He lead the national team to a great run, and he does the same to Dallas, he leaves nobody close to him behind, as some other players do like Jokic etc. It's absolutely the best thing to do in such a situation after no or extremely short offseason, to take a break in order to gain energy to get this team to WCF.  Which he did. In the long run that's the best and smartest thing to do. Otherwise he would have had no stamina, physical nor mental, at this time right now and we wouldn't even be in WCF, in game 7 against Suns we would have lost.

Remember how he had troubles with refs? So young adapting to such a bad habbit and removing that, it is no longer a big issue. That's impressive and mature to recognise this and adapt. Remember how players before could get into his mind and make him commit mistakes and technical fouls, for instance Clippers last year? This year he learned and he made that to the Suns which are 20 years more experienced than him. He got into their mind now and not the other way around, and he was the one physically beating up the other team. That's pure maturity and adaptability. Remember his overall game when he came into the league? It was not that all-around, he had absolutely no mid range game or FTs. Each and single season he added new elements to his game. If that is not mature, I don't know what it is. He improves his FTs, still can be better but better, he improved his overall game to the point he can now made Dirk fadeaways now and there is not a single shot he can't make. His defense is greatly improving, despite the few bad plays per game, he makes a ton of excellent reads and plays and gets better and better. He works on his game every season and develops new things. That's maturity. And one of the greatest parts is how he never blames a teammate or the coach, always himself after a loss. Eventhough when its clear as it could possibly be that it was not his fault but that the team played awfully. There is no way you leave Curry, Poole, Klay, Wiggins open as much as you leave the Bullocks, DFS's, SD's or Maxis open and they just keep missing them in some games, but he blames it on himself. Luka is a leader and a QB, and for that you need extreme maturity. To call him immature based on all of this above and much more I didnt mention, is really not justified.
[-] The following 2 users Like burekemde's post:
  • Branduil, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS WCF: #3 GSW (3-1) vs #4 DAL (1-3) | - by burekemde - 05-25-2022, 04:36 PM