Poll: Who will win the series?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
DAL (4-0)
2.13%
1 2.13%
DAL (4-1)
8.51%
4 8.51%
DAL (4-2)
65.96%
31 65.96%
DAL (4-3)
12.77%
6 12.77%
GSW (4-3)
0%
0 0%
GSW (4-2)
6.38%
3 6.38%
GSW (4-1)
4.26%
2 4.26%
GSW (4-0)
0%
0 0%
Total 47 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFFS WCF: #3 GSW (4-1) vs #4 DAL (1-4)
(05-19-2022, 03:41 AM)SleepingHero Wrote: Can't agree with you here. Luka was 4-8 from the field (3-6 from 3) when guarded by Wiggins and had converted an and-1. Luka missed a LOT of what the NBA classifies as wide-open shots and in my opinion the refs let Wiggins get away with very physical D that never got called. I did think Luka looked a step slow, yet still managed to get 18 in a half. 

Not concerned at all with him being able to score. More concerned about how stagnant the offense looked and how none of the actions the Mavs ran let them get any paint penetration.

Agree, that statement was not correct. They had an extra guy in paint waiting for Luka all game long. It is that that made Luka slow down with a step naturally in penetration. We have seen it before. Early in season when 3 point shots not falling, it was exactly the same, teams would stack the paint. Same strategy was used by GSW. They decided to leave the perimeter open and protect the paint. They dont want to be beaten by Luka in the paint, but let our other guys beat them, or Luka from the 3, but not allow Luka in the paint. This is "easy" to get around, by making the open shots. If the open shots in 1st quarter fell in, we would have been up by 10 points at least and the game would look a lot different, as well as defensive coverage from GSW.

(05-19-2022, 10:05 AM)SwisherPrice Wrote: Game 2 is a must-win if they want to win the series.

Suns in first two games looked better and more unbeatable than GSW in this game. It something similar. I don't believe this is a must win game at all. But. We need to start making the open 3s. If not, we stand no chance. If we make the outside shots, GSW will need to sit more tight on the perimeter, and then it will allow Luka to operate the paint.

I believe that for some if not many of our players, the first game and the pressure was a little bit a lot. Like it was in the semi's against the Suns. Sooner rather than later they will let it go and play their best and make those open shots.
[-] The following 1 user Likes burekemde's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: PLAYOFFS WCF: #3 GSW (0-0) vs #4 DAL (0-0) | Gm 1 Wed - by burekemde - 05-19-2022, 01:29 PM