Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 5: DAL (2-3) @ PHX (3-2) | 80-110 loss
(05-10-2022, 09:50 PM)mvossman Wrote: He is practiced at playing himself into shape.  If we make it through this series, he will probably be stronger the next one.

But every season he hits a wall of some sort and needs an injury break to get back to himself. He is not going to have that if they win this series.
Like Reply
In Reggie I trust.  We need to pick up the tempo a little bit on offense.  Playing against the end of the shot clock too much.  Luka should have kicked to JB much sooner on that last possession.
Like Reply
Luka is playing too slow, need to get into the sets faster
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 09:54 PM)cow Wrote: In Reggie I trust.  We need to pick up the tempo a little bit on offense.  Playing against the end of the shot clock too much.  Luka should have kicked to JB much sooner on that last possession.

I wish I could be a fly on the wall in a game planning session.  Initiating the offense so damned late happens way too often for it to not be at least a part of their strategy.  Shortening the game?  

Leads to a lot of bail out heaves though.
[-] The following 1 user Likes MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Luka playing like trash after a fast start.
Like Reply
On the road in Phoenix.  I'll take it.
Like Reply
Dinwiddie is brutal.
Like Reply
I wished we would have squeezed more out of Bertans when he hit 2 3s in a row
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • cow
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 09:59 PM)cow Wrote: Luka playing like trash after a fast start.

Luka goes as far as the shooters around him. Mavs aren´t hitting their shots. Suns can double and collapse in the paint. Mavs only have 6 assists. Only 16 3PA. Should be in 10+ assists / 20+ 3PA range.
Like Reply
Mav’s missed a ton of open 3’s, bunnies and put-backs. Only down 3. Need a great 3Q!
Like Reply
Dinwiddie has more problems scoring against length than Brunson. At least Brunson knows how to create some space. Dinwiddie is not fooling Cam Johnson at all with his moves
[-] The following 1 user Likes SwisherPrice's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply
PHX goes up by 3

Excited Kevin Harlan: THE SUNS WITH THEIR BIGGEST LEAD OF THE GAME!!!

Kind of weird first half.  No real flow or energy to it.  I’ll gladly take down 3 at the half.  Come out of the locker room and get the ball moving. 6 assists ain’t good.
  • BolsDamols
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 10:04 PM)dirkfansince1998 Wrote: Luka goes as far as the shooters around him. Mavs aren´t hitting their shots. Suns can double and collapse in the paint. Mavs only have 6 assists. Only 16 3PA. Should be in 10+ assists / 20+ 3PA range.

Getting into the offense late, bad passes and really bad misses.  When shots aren't falling for the team, it's time to get to the line.
Like Reply
Low scoring game so far. Phoenix wants to run, so I guess the pace favors the Mavs.
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 10:05 PM)MaxiThreeba Wrote: PHX goes up by 3

Excited Kevin Harlan: THE SUNS WITH THEIR BIGGEST LEAD OF THE GAME!!!

haha I got a laugh out of this, he spoke as if they were up by 30
[-] The following 1 user Likes BolsDamols's post:
  • MaxiThreeba
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 10:04 PM)Smitty Wrote: Mav’s missed a ton of open 3’s, bunnies and put-backs. Only down 3. Need a great 3Q!

3rd Quarter is where we've fallen apart in PHX so far.
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 10:06 PM)cow Wrote: Getting into the offense late, bad passes and really bad misses.  When shots aren't falling for the team, it's time to get to the line.

This!  Even if the defense collapses on Luka it’s too late in the clock.  

Luka performance looks too much like games 1 and 2.  The offense needs to initiate quicker and the ball needs to move.
  • Paul Gasol
Like Reply
Mavs only shooting 6-16 from 3 so far. Not blazing the nets like last game.
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 10:07 PM)cow Wrote: 3rd Quarter is where we've fallen apart in PHX so far.

Been one of the best 3Q teams all year. Have some faith!
Like Reply
(05-10-2022, 10:07 PM)cow Wrote: 3rd Quarter is where we've fallen apart in PHX so far.

Game 2 we had a 2 pt lead end of 1H, we all know what happened after.
In this 3Q we need to hit first!
Like Reply