Poll: Does Powell get the start tonight? If not, who starts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes he starts.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Maxi starts instead.
0%
0 0%
Someone else (say who!)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss
My comments/reactions after sleeping on it...

Kind of feels like CP3 realizes that THIS is his best shot at a ring and has gotten the entire PHX team to buy in to the urgency.

For a team that started the season with 7 5s and 4s, granted not of the highest quality, DAL sure looks like a donut right now. I know current thoughts are position-less players, but short of having a team of Kawahis that's not really feasible for most organizations.

It felt like Luka was either 1) trying extra hard to be inclusive on offense or 2) not feeling 100% (trips back to the locker room). If the former, the other players keep abusing his confidence. If the latter, I'm just glad they aren't playing in Miami.

CP3 is a center's best friend. He has made reputations for Chandler and DAJ. Rehabbed Noel and McGee. And is about to get Ayton paid big-time. I don't like his cockiness and I still hold the DAJ ambush against him, but I do respect his on-court game management skills. As I have stated previously, he's the head of the snake and DAL hasn't done much to control him.

Does Crowder have a bone to pick with DAL for trading him away? (Rondo/Powell trade) He sure seems amped, but maybe that's the playing style he's developed.

Definitely disappointed in the result, especially after leading at halftime, but it's not like PHX hasn't been doing this all season. They lost a tough championship last year, basically kept the team together and used that continuity to be even more successful this year. The biggest question is whether Sarver will indeed pay to keep everyone in PHX.
[-] The following 1 user Likes michaeltex's post:
  • Smitty
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss - by michaeltex - 05-05-2022, 09:27 AM