Poll: Does Powell get the start tonight? If not, who starts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes he starts.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Maxi starts instead.
0%
0 0%
Someone else (say who!)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss
I am so impressed with the Suns.  There defense has been really good.   I think even Luka's shots are tough.  He is just so good that it doesn't matter.   Brunson and Dinwiddie are having trouble getting their patented in the paint looks.   DFS is also struggling to get a lot of good looks.  Just really impressive.    Our offense still bothers me.   I am not sure you can win a championship with such a dependent offense on one player.  

The Mavs played really hard for almost three quarters.  Not perfect, but hard. Then PHX hit them with a sledgehammer in the fourth.   Just a punch in the gut when it happens to your team.   

PHX appears to have all the answers to the test.  You try to take something away, they know exactly where to get to get a wide open look.  And they appear to make all their looks.   At home, Mavs need to find some way to get the PHX out of their rhythm.  Unfortunately, I think it needs to be more than a huge Luka game and high percentage threes.   And that may be all we have in this series.   I don't expect us to win, but I would love a win in game 3.   I just don't see how we beat this team more than one in a row.

I either read it here or somewhere else, that Tim Macmahon said the Mavs expected to take a slight step back when they traded KP.    And were surprised they wound up winning a series.  That tells me the Mavs know work is to be done moving forward.  They need to find at least one higher tier player.  But lets not forget player/roster development can be done on the edges too.  Look at New Orleans.  They found three young players (Murphy in first, Jones in the second and Alvarado as a UDFA).  They picked up Jonas by moving back in the draft and found a way to pick up Larry Nance as a extra piece in the CJ trade.   While the Mavs have a lot of good players, most cost $.   As the Mavs look to upgrade their top of the roster, they really need to find the next Bullock, The next Maxi, the next......
[-] The following 1 user Likes Chicagojk's post:
  • HoosierDaddyKid
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss - by Chicagojk - 05-05-2022, 07:09 AM