Poll: Does Powell get the start tonight? If not, who starts?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes he starts.
88.89%
8 88.89%
Maxi starts instead.
0%
0 0%
Someone else (say who!)
11.11%
1 11.11%
Total 9 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
PLAYOFF ROUND 2 GAME 2: DAL (0-2) vs. PHX (2-0)| 109-129 loss
Powell can’t play anymore. We’re getting more from Bertans than Dwight - a lot more tonight. Hopefully we’re finally nearing the end of Maverick Dwight Powell.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:17 PM)Smitty Wrote: 5-out. DFS at the center. More drives by Luka SD and JB

I mean you have 5 out with Maxi too, who happens to be a better 3 point shooter than din, and a much better interior defender.  I'm fine with the death lineup occasionally, but not sure you want to start the quarter with it.
Like Reply
By the way, Ayton also has 3 fouls. Luka needs to attack and not pass up shots once he is deep in the paint as the broadcast said. These usually result to turnovers.
Like Reply
Brunson also needs to wake the F up. This is looking more and more like last season’s Clippers series. He’s not a reliable sidekick to Luka yet.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:19 PM)mvossman Wrote: I mean you have 5 out with Maxi too, who happens to be a better 3 point shooter than din, and a much better interior defender.  I'm fine with the death lineup occasionally, but not sure you want to start the quarter with it.

I want to attack the rim early. Set the tone. Maxi is great but I want 3 guys to attack and set the tone
Like Reply
Suns have 1 offensive board. Just 1. Wow.
Like Reply
I will say one thing for Brunson.  Luka is on Crowder, as he should be, because he’s the only Suns player that really doesn’t go inside the 3 pt line and helps limit foul trouble. 

Because of that, JB has to take on Mikal.  That is a lot to ask of JB and no doubt takes a lot out of him. 

That, coupled with the Suns length defensively is an awful recipe for JB.  Unfortunately, nothing to do to change that unless you put Luka on Mikal some and that just doesn’t seem like a smart option with the heavy lifting Luka has to do on the offensive end.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:21 PM)Jommybone Wrote: Suns have 1 offensive board. Just 1. Wow.

And 10 turnovers.
Like Reply
GREAT bench minutes for the Mavs.
Like Reply
Powell get a foul 12 seconds into the game. WHY KIDD WHY!!!!!!!!!
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
Well, refs didn’t get bored of hearing their whistles at the break
Like Reply
Big shot by Luka.

Powell fouls again. PLEASE SIT!

He's a day late and a dollar short every time.

Book on fire.
14x All-Star, 12x all-NBA, 1x MVP, 1x Finals MVP, 1 NBA Championship: Dirk Nowitzki, the man, the myth, the legend.
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:29 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Big shot by Luka.

Powell fouls again. PLEASE SIT!

He's a day late and a dollar short every time.

Thanks to Cubes he will never be a dollar short
[-] The following 2 users Like MaxiThreeba's post:
  • Jommybone, SleepingHero
Like Reply
Brunson cold again.  

Powell getting lit up. WHY are we wasting our time with these guys on the court.
Like Reply
Mavs gonna have to realize that if they don’t pay attention Bridges is gonna sneak in for those boards
Like Reply
That's a flagrant 1 no?
Like Reply
Hopefully Suns will have blown their challenge here
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:33 PM)DrMav Wrote: Hopefully Suns will have blown their challenge here

Didn't challenge it. Automatic review triggered by the refs.
[-] The following 1 user Likes SleepingHero's post:
  • DrMav
Like Reply
Thanks for the TO Luka! Flagrant 1 and 4 fouls
Like Reply
(05-04-2022, 10:33 PM)SleepingHero Wrote: Didn't challenge it. Automatic review triggered by the refs.

Couldn’t hear what the refs said on the initial review, thought the Suns wanted to challenge at first based on what the commentators were saying before they saw the replay
Like Reply