Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert)
(05-04-2022, 07:06 AM)DanSchwartzgan Wrote: Not to pick on you, but I think you are answering the wrong question.  It seems largely accepted that many here would trade our trash for an overpaid "elite defensive center".  I mean why wouldn't we.  He's enough of a difference maker to win us a championship.  The better question is what do we have to give up to beat the bids of other teams.  Utah doesn't have to take our trash.  There will be other bidders.  An eventual package, if we end up going there, will be more painful than what is being discussed here.

I think the better question is whether we are willing to give up two picks and at least one of our core players...probably from among Brunson (in a 3 way), DFS and Maxi.  Otherwise, Rudy is in Charlotte, Atlanta or Golden State next year.  Those teams will be offering more than THJ/Powell and a late first.

Exactly, and to add to it... If Gobert does clash with Luka, like Gobert seems to do with every player in the NBA, it will no doubt cost the Mavs more assets to move him and his 40M+ down the line.

I don't think he's the sole difference to the Mavs winning a championship and for that reason the risks (and there are many) simply aren't worth it.
[-] The following 2 users Like Smitty's post:
  • michaeltex, omahen
Like Reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: I was right, Kamm was wrong (ab Gobert) - by Smitty - 05-04-2022, 07:28 AM